Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Currently have a problem with my cupra, noticed while driving yesterday it started hesitating and popping really loudly out the exhaust and when I pulled over it was idling really rough and was vibrating out the exhaust sounding really lumpy almost like a subie. Opened the bonnet and could hear a loud hissing near the front of the engine but couldn't see anywhere that was leaking, engine was shaking and didn't throw up any codes. No fluids leaking and no smoke so really puzzled. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sounds like a Vac leak that would cause the idle to surge erratically almost to the point of stalling out. that would be my first guess, check all turbo pipes and then vac lines. spay some soapy water and you'll see the air coming out when its a small leak. only other thing it sounds like is misfiring, which can be multiple things... spark plugs, ignition coil, fuel supply (ie injector).

keep me posted if you need any other help.

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
9B35061C-8085-4E5B-801E-6C91BE579002.jpeg

Reactions: Leon20vt4

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
Any suggestions as to what I should do next to my stage 1 leon. My thoughts are: FMIC if it can be done for a reasonable price (under £250), Whiteline RARB, metal shifter bushings, make the exhaust less restrictive and louder with decat or sports cat, oversize TIP.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Any suggestions as to what I should do next to my stage 1 leon. My thoughts are: FMIC if it can be done for a reasonable price (under £250), Whiteline RARB, metal shifter bushings, make the exhaust less restrictive and louder with decat or sports cat, oversize TIP.

Definitely do the oversized TIP. 70mm I reckon. Shifter bushings are a tasteful upgrade I think it'll make the box more notchy. I would go with an FMIC that is the same style as the ibiza cupra fmic (seat sport fmic) you can find thicker versions. For me in Germany I think I'll have to do the Seat brand one for inspection purposes. Always always go for exhaust .... hehehe turbo back or no reason for functionality. High flow cat or test pipe to change in and out for inspection. Another good one is the phenolic spacer on the intake manifold and the SAI/ n249 removal. But I won't be removing Evap also for inspection purposes.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
Gorgeous man! I love it! What happened to the poor girl? One of my favorite colors... and the ungaro blue.

Thanks man! She was rather high mileage and things were starting to fail one after another which was driving me mad and was getting expensive. Then the turbo went and was chucking out unholy amounts of smoke. Felt it came to the end of a chapter and after 3 years she had served me well. Sold the car for cheap so I could move on in life and enjoy driving a car which I didn't feel was going to break every 50 miles. Thinking back I should of stripped for parts and make some profit but just didn't have the time. Was looking to buy a ep3 but couldn't find a loved one for a good price so ended up with another cupra, now wishing I had kept my old wheels and more. You live and you learn I suppose..

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
Definitely do the oversized TIP. 70mm I reckon. Shifter bushings are a tasteful upgrade I think it'll make the box more notchy. I would go with an FMIC that is the same style as the ibiza cupra fmic (seat sport fmic) you can find thicker versions. For me in Germany I think I'll have to do the Seat brand one for inspection purposes. Always always go for exhaust .... hehehe turbo back or no reason for functionality. High flow cat or test pipe to change in and out for inspection. Another good one is the phenolic spacer on the intake manifold and the SAI/ n249 removal. But I won't be removing Evap also for inspection purposes.
Searching around on the bay and found a creations motorsport oversized TIP (H0004C) states that it is designed for ko3s with a 45mm inlet and will fit over standard MAF all I can find for the ko3s what do you think?. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8T-OVE...27fb:m:mpdvnzHOFJfv-hf5O3Hf3QQ&frcectupt=true

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Searching around on the bay and found a creations motorsport oversized TIP (H0004C) states that it is designed for ko3s with a 45mm inlet and will fit over standard MAF all I can find for the ko3s what do you think?. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8T-OVE...27fb:m:mpdvnzHOFJfv-hf5O3Hf3QQ&frcectupt=true
Forget that, go for a legitimate company. SFS has a 70mm oversized TIP. AH15/A is the part number.. I will link the thread here for you brotha.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=451253&share_fid=1220&share_type=t

LC TIP advice

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I have Creation Motorsport silicon hoses , HOWEVER the tip supplied by them didn't fit the LCR very well at all. There's nothing wrong with the quality of the product , they obviously buy them in pre made from somewhere else and just act as resellers.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I have Creation Motorsport silicon hoses , HOWEVER the tip supplied by them didn't fit the LCR very well at all. There's nothing wrong with the quality of the product , they obviously buy them in pre made from somewhere else and just act as resellers.
I believe the LCR and the LC 20vt 180hp have different Tips so you must be careful which one you buy. Maybe that was the problem?

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
Forget that, go for a legitimate company. SFS has a 70mm oversized TIP. AH15/A is the part number.. I will link the thread here for you brotha.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=451253&share_fid=1220&share_type=t

LC TIP advice

Thanks for the feed back and a legit company would be ideal. Found the one you mentioned (AH15/A) from SFS. Trying to figure out how you can buy it or even how much, the website is quite an eye sore. Probably worth giving them a call or email. Cheers guys

Last edited:

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Thanks for the feed back and a legit company would be ideal. Found the one you mentioned (AH15/A) from SFS. Trying to figure out how you can buy it or even how much, the website is quite an eye sore. Probably worth giving them a call or email. Cheers guys
You must click online ordering and it redirects you to another page, then put in on the bottom right the make and model (Audi a3) and it will come up like the 4th option down on the list. I believe its 134 quid. And you can choose your color! If you choose seat leon it only comes up with the ah15 normal size not the oversized. Regardless check your engine code and make sure it matches in the parts description.

http://www.siliconhose.com/

This is the ordering website

Screenshot below I put a star on the one you want and boxed my search and it's also in my cart ready for checkout. 134 quid plus VAT
4b81207c9e50b63c070f8a1666951f10.jpg

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
You must click online ordering and it redirects you to another page, then put in on the bottom right the make and model (Audi a3) and it will come up like the 4th option down on the list. I believe its 134 quid. And you can choose your color! If you choose seat leon it only comes up with the ah15 normal size not the oversized. Regardless check your engine code and make sure it matches in the parts description.
Thank you very much for finding one, will hopefully get it on order shortly! Just checking that it is the supersized one?

Last edited: