Newbury SEAT to close by Christmas

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
I wonder what was meant by the following quote?

“This building does not comply to SEAT corporate identity for 2010 onwards,”

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Its happened to other dealerships over the years.

SEAT no doubt want them to make large investments to change the face of the dealerships to follow the corporate branding. However sometimes the costs involved outweigh any benefit to the dealer.

Seems in this case Newbury were looking for a new site, but the costs involved were too steep for them.

Car manufacturers seem to think that we must all want to buy cars from shining examples of Glass and Aluminium.

To be honest when I buy a new car long as the customer service is good I don't really care if the dealership looks modern or not.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
To be honest when I buy a new car long as the customer service is good I don't really care if the dealership looks modern or not.

I couldnt agree more. That basicly somes up Stoke SEAT where I just got my first Seat from. The outside does not look much at all, but could not fault the sevice and would buy from them again because of the service.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Hope this may be of some use to people who live in the Newbury area.

Received a letter today (summarized), but came in a real SEAT 'auto emocion' envelope:

I am writing to offer my services, as you may already be aware your local dealer will be closing down in Dec '09.

I would now like to offer you a complete new local service for all your SEAT servicing needs (Servicing, Diagnostics, Repairs & MoT's) carried out by a SEAT Master Technician.

All works will be carried out with genuine parts so this will not invalidate warranty.

Jan Budge
SEAT Master Technician

The letter gives a telephone number & a mobile number, but no physical address, so I don't know where the work will be conducted from.

Being mindful of forum rules, I don't want to post the details on here as effectively it's giving away free advertising, but if you live locally and want me to send you a scan copy of the details please let me know.

rockmead76

Hi,
Does anyone have this chaps number. ? Is so can you send it to me offline?

Any help is appreciated.

Tia

Paul

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.