1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Progressive Parts Rolling Road Day - 17th November 2019 - find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Next Base 522GW & rear Camera losing DAB Radio

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Chat' started by mark garlick, Oct 10, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

1. mark garlick

Have fitted a Next Base 522GW & rear camera but now have issue with losing the DAB signal.
    The manufacturer replaced the rear camera with updated software but no different.
    Additional ferrite cores have been fitted front & rear on rear camera cable.
    Now their only suggestion is to replace the rear camera to the one that clips onto it.
    Was thinking of rerouting &/ or maybe more cores but thought to ask on here first to see if anyone else has had similar issues?

2. RADIOTWO

RADIOTWO Active Member

I don't think what ever you do with the camera will sort it, the main problem id the Dab radio aerial is in the rear screen, and that's what the problem is, possibly the radio has a problem
    but unless you want to buy a new one what I would do is get another antenna of the type that
    sticks in the window and then find the coax that connects to the rear one(should be in the boot
    area and stick the new one in the back quarter window, and should cure the problem

3. The Daily Meme

The Daily Meme Waiting...

I have the same camera, same problem. alternative solution and less icvasive than the above.

Get a DAB radio app on your smart phone. I know its a faff but thats what I do. prefer the security of the camera than get rid of it and have DAB radio.