Next mod?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I can't deciede what mod to do next....

Was thinking on the Milltek DP to go with my Milltek CAT-back but i'm reading alot of people saying its pointless on a stock turbo.

So far I have the following:-

P-Torque Stg1 Map
SACHS Clutch
Green Cotton Filter
SFS Intercooler Hoses
Eibach Pro-kit
15mm Spacers
Front upper A3 strut
Rear upper strut
Neuspeed Quickshift
Dog-bone mount powerflex
312mm Discs /w DS2500's
Milltek CAT-back
HID's

Things i'm thinking about:-

Boost Guage
ARB's
Milltek Downpipe

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Looks like the DP is pretty much useless then for my situation.

Boost guage is wanted, but not really going to give me any perfomance increase.

So ARB's is looking good, next question is what ARB to go for? Neuspeed or Eibach? Neuspeed will be the better product no doubt, but is there any real difference between that and the cheaper Eibach?

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
How about the lower front strut brace dude, minimal pennies and easy job!?

Iv just also just upgraded Anti Roll bushes for powerflex ones, nice improvment i found,

Jimski

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
the decat makes a differnce mate, mine spools up alot quicker now !! i found it makes a noticable difference i had the resonated system, (which is exactly the same noise levels,)

so its not like the 1.1's with a loud exhaust making you think its faster than it is ' all bore & no go etc

the lower strut is less than £20 -£30 and makes it worthwhile, boost gauge is what i have but yet to install,

so all are worth at some stage

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
ARB's will make a big improvement but cost a few quid.

I don't think that a decat pipe is useless either as it does spool up quicker, therefore a tad more responsive? Also any restriction removed from the airflow should help too. It is also not an extortionately price mod either.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Bang for buck most definately the ARBs. The Miltek DP will make a difference Chris - makes the car much more free flowing and you get some nice torque gains.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I did a search for TDI DP and found a thread saying JabbaSport say it will put more strain on the turbo and cause it to wear more. Is this true?

Just waiting to see if AwesomeGTI will price match the AMD DP fitted price, its about £45 cheaper at AMD.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Wouldn't know about the additional strain comment on the turbo. However if it was definate issue I feel that you would have heard a lot more about it here. Also looking at things pragmatically, any performance related mod in theory has the potential to cause accelerated wear on other components over stock. The nature of the beast.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex

I did a search for TDI DP and found a thread saying JabbaSport say it will put more strain on the turbo and cause it to wear more. Is this true?

Just waiting to see if AwesomeGTI will price match the AMD DP fitted price, its about £45 cheaper at AMD.
It wont strain the turbo at all. The turbo will be able to release gases quicker through the biiger bore keeping down EGT's so in thoery should make it last longer.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
There could be a bit of truth in this.
If the turbo spins up too quickly the boost will spike and your map 'might' have problems controlling it.
Also it 'might' put more strain on the blades if it spins up too quickly

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Really can't deciede..!!

DP or Rear ARB?

I have a feeling the rear ARB wil have the biggest impact on performance terms....I take it the Leon TDI only has a front ARB as standard? Sarah at AwesomeGTI told last time I was over there it transformed her Fabia.

Eventualy I want both ARB's but I can't afford both at once, and fitting the rear one means I dont need 4 wheel alignment doing. The front ARB is the expensive one as it takes quite long to fit plus I will need the 4 wheel alignement doing.

The DP will get rid of the CAT......and make the turbo spool up slightly quicker but will also set me up for a bigger turbo as/when I go down that route.....plus the DP is a cheapish mod and will complete my Miltek exhaust....

Descisions....

Wot would you do?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I would get Anti Roll Bars for sure - like I said it transforms the car completely and gives you real confidence especially on lovely country lanes.

DP - yes you will love the performance increase and sound however once you get used to the speed you will get bored quicker. ARBs - cant really get bored of good handling.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
As above Chris. If you are hunting for more BHP/Torque get the handling sorted now before you get more power.
The front one made a huge difference to mine

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham

But they will remap your engine which WILL put wear on the turbo
Glynn

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise