nightflight's 1.6tdi Ibiza mk5 - Now with Sideskirts

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
thought i'd get some pics with my proper camera.

P1050055.jpg

P1050057.jpg

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Bought Char's wing mirrors off her so the car's another baby step towards completion

P1050402.jpg

P1050403.jpg

P1050404.jpg

Need to respray them when the weather picks up as they're Seat Candy White, which is slightly yellower than Ford's Frozen White used elsewhere on the car.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Thanks,

Certainly did, I can't be trusted with unpainted parts, my sideskirts are STILL waiting to be sprayed and fitted so now i've got white mirrors rather than some unpainted covers sitting around waiting for me to get a wiggle on :)

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Oh dear...

18062012140.jpg

:(

That's not supposed to look like that

18062012132.jpg

Got caught out by slippy road + rain whilst popping out to B&Q. Fortunately it drove away from the impact, everything still works so looks like it's just a new wishbone and alloy needed.
That's me missing Inters then unless I can convince girly to let me bring her car and take it round the handling circuit (she can't as she's only on a provisional) as i'm not coming in the piece of **** c1 courtesy car (i'd slide off the seat for starters)

Which brings me to the other news, girly's gone and bought herself this

MineandKirstyssidebyside.jpg

(i'm so proud of her, hehe)

currently stripping the interior out to sort out a few leaks (hence the trip to B&Q for sockets) but then i'm sure she'll be along to do a readers ride thread of her own. Can anyone tell me what colour her car is? I would go look at the order label in the boot but it's currently buried under all the stuff that's missing from this picture
20120610Carpetoutinsideshow.jpg

Last edited:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Well, after the bump it was time to treat Lord Huffy, so...

IMAG0034.jpg

Yep, got fed up with drips and forgetting that the roof is wet when turning corners so thought these would be a nice looking and functional addition...
Nice looking , check,
functional.. i'll keep you posted.

IMAG0026.jpg

Doddle to fit, just be careful bending them but don't beat yourself up, they need to be bent a bit to fit and can take it.

If anyone else wants some, they were £34 from here

Now to wait for the sill protectors from Lockwood and get the USB module wired in.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Sill protectors finally arrived from Lockwood. Easy to fit, look good and have covered up the scuffs from female heels on the passenger side so should hopefully prevent any further damage.

Also bought some Seat sport pedals off a fellow SCN'r. Not sure they're worth what Seat charge for them, but for what I got them for they're great. look better than the standard ones, (obviously) and are much grippier underfoot which is the main bonus for me.

IMAG0147-1.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members