Nm to DaNm - Help Understanding??

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hey guys

This is one for the measurement guru's. I only work in newton metres but sometimes online manuals I read use DaNm that just throws me as 8t will usually write 2.2 ÷ 2.7 ? Why is there a divide sign as when I look at a conversion chart there is no mention of a divide to try work out the amount. I just want to be able to type in the DaNm and get a Nm conversion but what do you type in with a sum like that (see pic)
5fcedef51194ca78b9c29f24725707cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I believe 1daNM = 10NM but no idea what the divide means.

It might mean use between figure a and figure b??

Yeah, 1 DaNm = 10Nm. I think your right and it's just confusing... like on the oil filter housing where it says tighten to 25-30nm.

Reactions: everson38

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Weird, that one passed me by, looking it up reveals it translates into DacaNewton but means deca Newton, every day can be a school day!

Edit:- maybe it has come about (lots of years ago though it seems) to change torque values into more sensible figures for digital torque tools.

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Weird, that one passed me by, looking it up reveals it translates into DacaNewton but means deca Newton, every day can be a school day!
Yeah i do get it stands for deca newton. My concern is why is there a divide symbol. Like other people posting maybe it is meant to be a "from" meaning or a "-" so 2.2 - 2.7 but why not just use that symbol insdenof cousin people with a divide symbol?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yes, stupid way to show things, you will not get that method used by VW Group in their manuals or Haynes version of them so hopefully you will never see this again.

Reactions: everson38
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.