No boot light? Here's my bodged solution...

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
Why oh why don't SEAT fit any sort of light in the boot of Ibiza's? :confused:. Does this just affect Cupra models (what I've got) or is it the whole range? Anyway, stupid ommission IMO and I was looking at wiring in some lights with a pressure switch that operated on the tailgate. But in the end I couldn't be arsed with the hassle of wiring something in, so I found something useful in Ikea on Sunday...

They are the "Grossby" mini-LED lights @ £3.50 each - I got two. They're about 3" diameter, they take 3 x AAA batteries and each have 3 small LEDs. They're a simple "push-on/push-off" and produce a seriously bright blue-ish light that's perfect for lighting up the boot. I used sticky-backed velcro to stick them to the side of the boot. Perfect :D

Hope this might be of interest to someone...

2007-12-12pic1.jpg

2007-12-12pic2.jpg

2007-12-12pic3.jpg

keithr

Ibiza cupra 07
May 20, 2007
Norwich
Umm not that old seems strange??? funny thing is its pretty much bang on where you've put yours lol

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
Stop rubbing it in! ;)

Yeah, very strange. It was one of the first things the bloke I bought the Ibiza from commented on - how crap it was not having a boot light. I didn't think it'd be much of a problem but you don't realise how useful one is until you don't have one...

Aimez

stupid morons didn't put one in my 04 FR, not handy when you don't live on a street with street lights and it pitch black all the time in winter. grrr!
Good idea this, I'm goin with the hassle of buying one and putting it in, theres a how to on the forum somewhere, will be my frist mod of next year!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
its obvious, its a weight saving exercise for the cupras!:harhar:

i have a boot light and a centre sun visor!!:funk:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members