no dab radio stations found.....

Sep 13, 2019
hi all....i no longer receive any dab stations, fm/am, media,sat nav all work ok, have tried the reboot ,but no luck, this is on a leon tsi 2014..any suggestions ? thanks.

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Adding on to RUM4MO, have you fitted any LED bulbs? These can cause interference.

Sep 13, 2019
Hi....I don't use a dash cam and haven't replaced any bulbs , i bought it used , from a seat dealer, dab worked fine for 18 months, then would only pick up local stations, now nothing.....I mentioned it to dealer at it's MOT , just got a blank look of em

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Hi....I don't use a dash cam and haven't replaced any bulbs , i bought it used , from a seat dealer, dab worked fine for 18 months, then would only pick up local stations, now nothing.....I mentioned it to dealer at it's MOT , just got a blank look of em

Is the rear glass on the car been replaced or is it genuine? You should be able to see a SEAT logo in the glass in a corner. (Not sure which one unfortunately). If there is not, then it could be that. I had a genuine replaced to a non genuine on a BMW and it ruined the dab signal. The aerial with the non genuine class was no way near as good and I only got signal in towns. In my seat I get signal everywhere so definitely check that.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Right, if you are able to do this, buy a cheap DAB screen mounting aerial from Halfords etc and hang it over the passenger seat and plug it into the socket instead of the car's own one, if that fixes it even without bothering to connect this temp aerial to a power source, then you will know that the receiver side of things is okay and so move on to locating the preamp that handles the DAB reception, normally located under one of the C pillar trims.

Sep 13, 2019
Hi..thanks for replies , only the front windscreen was replaced, rear is original ....I will look into testing with temp aerial, I need to get radio removal keys first, which side would preamp be on ? Thanks

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Sorry but I can't say, though my 2011 Audi S4 has the DAB one on the RHS, I retro fitted it, but that was where it would have been if it had been factory fitted.

Sometimes preamps supply/handle more than one function, ie GPS or Telephone or even AM or FM.

JordH94

Apr 24, 2018
I had a similar issue and found that the cable to the back of the CD unit in the glovebox was starting to break. I put some tape around the cable near the connector and it seems to have fixed the issue, could be worth a try

Sep 13, 2019
IMG_20191227_130829827.jpg
quick update, i tried RUM4MO`S idea, could`nt get cheap dab aerial connector to fit, found out the fm/am , dab , and sat nav gps aerial amplifiers are located in rear boot tailgate, pulled of surrounding plastic trim(no screws) and replaced dab amplfier with second hand unit off ebay...it now works and picks up all dab
stations......fm/am part # 5f4.035.225 dab part # 5f4.035.225 B

Reactions: Butty