Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

no dash lights...Everything else works, turns over- cuts out after 1 sec

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by Foxy, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Foxy

Foxy 200bhp **** member no. 1

Went to my Leon this morning, got in turned key and nothing.... no lights on dash...Everything else works, car turns over but cuts out after 1 sec as it would if the immob cut in.
    Its not the dash as I have a spare and get the same thing on it, the mileage appears and the clock but nothing else.... Someone please help me!

#1 Foxy, Feb 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2008
  2. andycupra

andycupra status subject to change

have you checked fuses?

3. stevo72

stevo72 Active Member

it must be catching...

same / similar thing happend to me this morning....nothing when turned key, but i have electrics !

The really cold nights sometimes effects the battery, defo worth jump starting, thats what i did, and all works fine... its worth changing battery if over 4/5 yrs old as they get effected more by the cold.

or it could be the starter motor ! could always hit that a few times to see if it releases the inside of it, sometimes the motor get stuck and does not engage

4. Foxy

Checked fuses yes, are there anymore other than the ones in the side of the dash? The battery is fine its the dash that doesnt seem to be functioning which is causing the immob to cut in. But both my dashes dont work? I think the problem lies deeper...

5. oedwards

oedwards Full Member

There are some fuses on top of the battery. Worth checking but I have no idea what they do to be honest.

6. DPJ

DPJ ...........

Insufficient voltage from the battery to run the ecu ?

7. Foxy

Problem solved thank god. It was a 5 amp fuse. Only found it when i pulled every one out as it looked fine at 1st glance.

8. andycupra

andycupra status subject to change

lol
    oh well glad its fixed.

hope it doesnt go again

what fuse was it? it may be the cold weather meant there was more draw on the circuit?