No Impressed

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Well Not a good start to the morning,

On my way to work Stupid woman in her 'Chelsea Tractor' decided she doesn't need to stop and give way whilst I'm coming past the parked car's (that are parked on her side) and just pulls out around them.[:@][:@]

Natural reactions to hold and I pulled the car to the left to avoid her and this happens

I got this car at 1 month old as a pre registered car May Last year and have managed not to get a scratch on it (somehow) been very lucky in car parks

P*ssed off is an Understatement Rightnow. I envy half the cars on here. they look so nice (And not chavvy) a Proper Job :)

Born2bwild

Sep 20, 2014
You have my sympathy. You didn't happen to catch her reg details by any chance?

If this happens to anyone my advice would be to get the anchors, handbrake and hazards on in one swift movement, get out and get the car reg number [:@]

This is followed by recording as many details as you can including any witnesses as this will help police/insurance etc

You shouldn't be having to pay for that...

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
No She didn't Stop, wish I had just stopped and let her hit me, as it was my right of way anyway. but I have a 21 mile journey to work so didn't fancy being without a car, when she went past she didn't even look phased as if she hadn't done anything wrong.

just natural reactions took hold to avoid typically, and there was no one else around so wouldn't have a witness. But end of the day its only a part of the car that can be repaired/replaced, but I'm in no rush for doing it, Not that I have the money to either lol.

Born2bwild

Sep 20, 2014
Sure mate, it is what it is but it still gets my goat.

Ive had a women forcing her way by me with her eyes screwed shut and her passenger looking the other way, same scenario as yourself although I was in a 15 tonner at the time.

I swear there are some kamikaze experts out there...

Thing is she probably drove on as she had no idea what happened. Probably gained confidence with time and experience and became an expert at it!

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
It'd be nice to just right the car off in an ideal world if it was the other persons fault but the insurance claim is a nightmare, your premiums go up and the value of your damaged repaired car goes down and the compensation is never the amount that your out and the hassle of getting the repairs done and the fact that we get attached to the wagon and don't want it violated by someone else. My wagon is sixteen years old this year and no doubt would be wrote off if someone breathed near it. So it is only natural to try and avoid contact. The hard one is when a dog runs out in front of you. If you serve to avoid it and cause injury to oncoming traffic or pedestrian then your liable and at fault. I think the same issue may be true if it's a child that runs out into the middle of the road but that doesn't bare thinking about. I've tried it myself and can't say it's much fun. The car looked like it was miles away and I was getting off a minibus and was busting to get home to my mum either because some naughty boys were bullying me at the robins, pre BB, or I had some good news to tell her.

Last edited:

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Insurance in itself is a scam, it's not worth the money and they don't pay out what the cars true value is.
In 9years of driving with no claims, it's the biggest waste of somewhere around £7000 in policies.
7k for potentials, its buts and maybies lol

Sent from my LG G Flex2

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise