No longer a Cupra Driver :(

Poverty

I agree with most of what you are saying, but the GTR is simply in another league to the TT-RS, I had one and it isnt that bad to run....

DSC01429Large.jpg

If you like to drive like I drive, having a GTR would get expensive very quickly.

18 months and I ruined a gearbox, had 5 sets of front tyres, and 3 sets of discs and 5 sets of pads on the cupra, so you can imagine what I would be like in a GTR. It wouldnt be cheap.

Yes they are quick cars the GTR, but all the techno gizmos it has just sorta makes things a little too easy, and tbh once im done with the TT-RS it will be a quicker car than the GTR stock or mapped, and without needing all the TLC the GTR would.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Lovely car mate. Very nice!

GTR's are in another cost bracket so looks like you made the right choice judging by the wear your cars go through. TT will cost alot less to run and tune imo.

Look forward to your progress thread on the TTRS.

Feb 26, 2009
London
All down to your pocket size :) If you can afford it sure GTR is an easy choice but like pov said ttrs is way cheaper to run and that would be key point for me. Both stunning tho

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Well long story, but when I was really young my old man had a audi 80. Now because of that car I became obsessed with audi's and the original audi quattro aka UrQuattro rally car is my fave audi of all time and I dreamt of owning one. However they are now few and far inbetween and are a collectors items meaning a quattro sport is out of my reach tbh to run purely as a weekend/warm weather toy. Then there is the RS4's. Ive always wanted a RS audi. So im sure some people can see where this is going but basically, TT-RS is one dream ticked, 5 cylinder turbo engine like the original audi quattro is another dream off the list. So ive killed two birds with one stone!

It just so happens that the engine is in the TT, have never really lusted after a TT as such, so you could say I purely got the car for the engine.

:lol:

Jeremy Clarkson described the TT-RS as being "Epic". And you cannot get more manly than Jeremy Clarkson ;)

Cheers mate, seriously looked into getting a GTR but with a bit of research soon found out its all a marketing scam. Running costs are stupidly high. Yes ofcourse you would expect high running costs from a car like the GTR, but bloody hell that car is in another stratosphere. Plus it needs so much TLC, and so many different things can make your warranty void. Running a GTR is like running a rare exotic italian supercar. Its a joke tbh, nissan see the gearbox as being a consumable, and they obviously seem aware of the fact that the GTR isnt that sturdy, because if you were to buy one tomorrow it wouldnt come with launch control like earlier cars did as the gearbox couldnt handle it. And because it has no launch control the 0-60 time has increased by quite some margin.

The GTR really isnt a complete car, a 911 turbo is, properly engineered, lasts and can handle abuse. Plus to run a 911 turbo costs barely more than your 2.0TFSI, have a look on the porsche website for the servicing costs, its really cheap considering the car. Rant over lol.

Na not jonnyc's car. His car is faster still!

Pov how does the car sound, is it as good as the RS4?
I want one myself, the car is very quick in standard form and with the potential to take it up to GTR performance or even better really is something! All that for the same kinda running costs as the Cupra, you can't beat it!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise