No power to radio ?

halftone

May 15, 2008
Dudley, West Midlands
My brother has an ibiza, 2004 i think it is. It had an aftermarket hu in when he bought it, which worked fine, but he wanted iphone control. The new hu worked for 3 weeks, then just randomly stopped yesterday.

All fuses look ok, and now the old hu which worked when he took it out, doesnt now.

Any ideas ?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
My brother has an ibiza, 2004 i think it is. It had an aftermarket hu in when he bought it, which worked fine, but he wanted iphone control. The new hu worked for 3 weeks, then just randomly stopped yesterday.

All fuses look ok, and now the old hu which worked when he took it out, doesnt now.

Any ideas ?

Is the cigarette lighter still working ?

Some people use the cigarette lighter feed for aftermarket head units to get an ignition live. perhaps it is the cigarette lighter fuse.

Priezti

Auto-Electrical Monkey!
Feb 11, 2009
Doncaster
If neither units work it has to be a fuse or supply. when the radio is out does the wiring to the set look like its been touched, wires tagged on etc? I'd maybe double check those fuses tbh

Priezti

Auto-Electrical Monkey!
Feb 11, 2009
Doncaster
Could be an earth, it should be linked to a main earth point. It's most likely the ignition or constant live, turn the ignition on then check your fuses!

halftone

May 15, 2008
Dudley, West Midlands
Its due in the garage next week, hes going to ask them to look at it.

I did notice his phone charger in the cigarette lighter stays on permanently, is that right ? I know mine doesnt.

8arran8

Oct 10, 2012
Dundee
did you ever resolve this mate? I put a Sony stereo in mines last night to gain iPod connectivity. it worked great and then when I slotted the radio into the fascia, it turned off, like all power to the radio I gone! I checked all fuses and nothing.
I put the original factory radio back in but no power is getting to that, apart from when I turn the side lights on I get the red glow but the radio won't turn on!
anyone know what's up?
ps I tried the Sony in another car na it works fine so it must be the car.