No radio reception in replacement exeo

irvtheswerv

Dec 15, 2015
I know nowt about radios. There's no reception. Where's the aerial located, is it built into the passenger side pillar, and can I access something behind the glovebox? Probably something is loose or needs cleaning???

143 SE Tech saloon is the beast.

Tonyuk74

Sep 1, 2014
Barnsley
Coax runs under center consol then rear seat base to the left hand side of the car and up the piller to the roof. Above rear screen is a plastic trim that pulls off. Antena is cliped in to pladtic mountinf bonded on to the glass. Its about a foot long with 3 coax and a earth wire. I lost signal to my rnse and tried a 2 diffrent units in the window that made no diffrence. No fault in the coax. Ended up been a faulty charging adapter for my phone that was causing interference with the coax running below the socket. Best thing first if u got anything pluged in remove it and give the radio a reboot and see what happens.

cordoba175

Sep 15, 2008
I had the same problem, if you check this on any audi forum you will see no shortage of replies... they used the same system in the b7's. the most common fault seems to be the antenna circuit board cracking with the extreme temperature differences. follow tonyuk's instructions above, its located on the top right hand corner behind the plastic trim along the top of the window.
1) get your fingers up between the rear screen and the plastic trim, give it a pull and you'll hear the clips popping.
2) You will see the antenna on the top right hand corner, it has three cables in one end which have colour coded plugs. unclip the antenna, cables and earth clip.
3) check the black rubbery/plastic coating on circuit board for cracks, if you see any its likely they have damaged the circuitry underneath. new antenna required.
4) if there's no cracks try cleaning the sprung connectors and the terminals where they make contact with the heating element in the screen with fine sand paper (which was the issue with mine)
I had my radio on when I was doing mine so I could tell if/when reception improved.
Failing that, your next job will be checking the cables.....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members