Noise from engine

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Weird noise coming from the engine bottom end like something is loose rattling but it drives fine and boosts fine what could it be

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hmm, more info required:
Under acceleration, braking, cornering, idling..........
Does it happen all the time or only sometimes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
As bruce said need more info, however no bottom end noise is a good noise. I'd be very wary of driving it until you find the cause. If it's a bearing on the way out then there's every chance of putting a rod though the block. If it was me i'd drop the sump asap.

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Hmm, more info required:

It's when I start the car up tou could hear it straight away like rattling noise plus there are no lights coming on on the dash normally if the oil pressure light comes on when it makes that noise because of the pick up pipe but no lights this time

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
As bruce said need more info, however no bottom end noise is a good noise. I'd be very wary of driving it until you find the cause. If it's a bearing on the way out then there's every chance of putting a rod though the block. If it was me i'd drop the sump asap.
I've got it at the garage looking to drop the sump to see what's going on but there are no lights coming on the dash that's weird and the engine sounds like a tappy sound I did change the oil and stuff earlier on

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Hmm, more info required:

It happens straight away soon as I start it like no oil is reaching the top of the engine tappy sound but no lights coming g on the dash it's weird

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
It happens straight away soon as I start it like no oil is reaching the top of the engine tappy sound but no lights coming g on the dash it's weird

Ah right mate, sounds like you've done the right thing to me. Like you say, it's strange not to get an oil pressure warning, but maybe if some sludge has blocked an oil gallery to the head, then you may have good oil pressure where the sensor is, yet no oil to your valvetrain. In which case there may be nothing to see in the sump, but i think that would be the first thing i would check anyway. Rule out a problem with the pickup, then investigate further if needed.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.