Noisy climate control

Knockaz

Had a test drive in a new (platinum) cupra last week. Liked it so much that I signed up on the spot:p . Delivery 1st Nov, that's three weeks of sleep depravation:( .

There were a couple of things that worried me slightly though, so I thought I'd ask some of you current owners to see if they are fixable.

The worst bit was the climate control. When the fan speeded up it was really noisy, like there was a leaf or sticker stuck in the pipework somewhere, is this normal:confused: ?

Also, the rear windows made a nasty creaking sound as they were wound up!

I mentioned both to the dealer who noted them down and promised to get them sorted.

Any advice welcomed.

Alice_Cupra

A Dirty Diamond.......
Jan 31, 2003
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Had a similar noise on my climate control, but only when the fan speed was whacked up to maximum.

Must say that I haven't noticed it recently, though. Maybe sorted itself out as it got used.

Not noticed a creaking sound from my rear windows. Again, maybe just newness of the rubber surrounds. Could be that a bit of silicon spray (a.k.a. rubber and vinyl lubricant) in the window surrounds will cure it.

jerry

Sep 30, 2003
Oxford
Visit site
i had a whistling noise that seemed to come from the middle vents. never got to the bottom of why, but it just disappeared after about 6 months. maybe a leaf and it just disintigrated with time.

my rear windows are fine

scottR

Jun 16, 2002
Central Scotland
Visit site
I've noticed a similar sound recently the first time the fan speed rises after startup, but it disappears after a few seconds so I haven't been too bothered about it.

If it's constant I'd get it checked out in case there's something out of place somewhere. With the number of creaks and rattles I have I know how irritating something like that could be.

Knockaz

I've already had the dealer chack it out. They said they couldn't really find anything wrong. Could it be that it's just a noisier system than my old Focus? :dunno:

ptotham

M10 PST
Mar 23, 2010
Heathrow
I have the same issue with my fan and the fluttering noise did anyone ever get to the bottom of what was causing this as mine is starting to drive me up the wall with the noise.