Nokia N80 Blueooth problems

mikejsing

Anyone having problems where the phone links up to the car fine, then drops the connection after about 2 mins, then straight away pairs up again! V. annoying because it interupts the radio - doesn't drop the connection if you use the phone - it's almost as if it drops the connection when there is no data exchange/inactive?????

Anyone for the phone book to sync on a N80?

My 6680 worked fine (but no phone book download)

Cheers

djorkaeff

i also have an n80 and it doesn't download the phonebook... but it doesn't disconnect unless the engine is stopped.... go to seat, maybe they have a software upgrade for the bluetooth in the car and to nokia for a software update for the phone..

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
I used to have that every now and again with my old 6310i, it would drop out, giving the bong sound, and then re-connect straight away giving the ping sound. Not really a problem as it was only ever a now and again thing.

I had a problem with my current 6230i where it dropped out and then just would not re-connect, in the end I dis-connected the battery, switched off the phone, reconnected the battery and turned the phone back on. That sorted it and has worked fine sinse.

Cheers
Ali

LuvItRuff

Hi, was wondering if you ever got this sorted out?

I just picked up my lovely new TDi FR on Monday.
BT worked fine for a couple of days, but now I'm getting the disconnect/re-connect every 2 minutes.

It's driving me mad ... I really can't handle this sort of madness at seven in the morning! :blink:

BTW, I'm not using an N80 - I just upgraded from one to a Sony Ericsson k800.

Cheers, Craig

-JAMI3-

Bluetooth Compatability

Your dealer should have made you aware before your bluetooth optional purchase and also configured your bluetooth on the day of handover! However, I have a list here of all compatable bluetooth phones....

Model - Bluetooth OK - Phone Book - Min Software

Motorola
E550 YES YES N/A
V500 YES YES N/A
V525 YES YES N/A
V547 YES YES N/A
V550 YES YES N/A
V600 YES YES N/A
V620 YES YES N/A
V635 YES YES N/A
V3 YES YES N/A
V80 YES YES N/A

Nokia
3650 YES NO 3.10*
6021 YES YES N/A
6230 YES YES 5.24*
6230I YES YES 3.40*
6260 YES NO N/A
6310 YES YES 5.01*
6310i YES YES 7.00*
6600 YES NO 4.09.1*
6630 YES NO 3.45.7*
6650 YES NO N/A
6670 YES YES N/A
6810 YES YES 3.3
6820 YES YES 3.70*
7280 YES YES N/A
7600 YES YES 3.01
7610 YES YES N/A
8910i YES YES 3.01
9500 YES NO N/A

Panasonic
X70 YES NO A31*

Siemens
S55 YES YES 16*
S65 YES YES 50*
SK65 YES YES 50*
SP65 YES YES 50*
SX1 YES NO N/A

Sharp
GX25 YES NO N/A
TM200 YES NO N/A

Sony Ericsson
K700 YES YES R2A041
K700i YES YES R2AL029*
T68i YES YES R3A*
T68m YES YES R2F004
T610 YES YES R3A*
T630 YES YES R4E & R6C*
W800 YES YES N/A
Z600 YES YES R6X*
P910 YES YES R4X*
P910i YES YES R4C001

Using old software versions can bring about restrictions on correct functioning. Please ask for a software update at your mobile phone retailer. Ask for the version shown in the table or a newer version.

Mobile phones not listed above may not function properly or at all with your vehicle's Bluetooth system.

LuvItRuff

Thanks for that Jamie :)

My dealer did indeed guide me through the BT setup, and the phone did work correctly for a day or two.

Today I've tested the BT system with a Nokia N80 (which connected nicely, but with no phonebook as expected) and with my Mum's new k800i ... which also worked.

Unfortunately I can't just swap the SIM as it's on another network [:@]

To be honest, I'm unsure what the hell is going on ... I've tried the usual suspects such as hard resetting the phone, deleting the BT device, updating firmware, etc, etc, etc. Think I'll be calling the dealer on Monday, see if they've got any other bright ideas :rolleyes:

pargyrak

With the latest versio of the N80 firmware it doesn't disconnect but is doesn;t download the phonebook either :(

-JAMI3-

Your dealer will need to spend some time with the car, it has been known for the bluetooth kit's arial to become a little bit loose and in some cases dislodged. Your dealer will investigate this and hopefully be able to fix!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.