non exising part number in vw database

bigelvis

Hi

I'm new here so hi to everyone:)
A month ago I bought a toledo 2.3 V5 from 2000, but after 2 weeks I noticed that there is a coolant leakage, the local mechanic from garage said that the fault is in small coupling pipe, he called Seat dealer to order this part but they can't find it in the vw database, so I'm now without a car for a week:((( Mechanic has idea now to use silicone to fix this but I'm afraid that it won't last long because of big pressure in a cooling system

The part number of this coupling is 3B0121291, it could be a part of bigger kit, but as I said the main seat dealer in UK is useless and they can't find it in their database

below image of this

27637_coupling_122_205lo.JPG

Please could You help me with that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
where does the coupling fit ?

what engine code is your car >? AQN / AGZ

i'll guess it's from the top of the radiator possibly but check the part number carefully as there is a 3B0 122 291c that looks similar but let me know a reg number and what and where it is and i'm sure we will figure it out

#17 at a wild guess but let us know the info as much as possible and i can sort it

121560.png

Last edited:

bigelvis

Hi

Thank You for fast reply, it's AGZ, my mechanic said that this fit to engine head, but I don't have any details, and the leakage is at rear of engine, Sorry but I haven't seen it "live", I still have to go to the job every day,
my car reg is W691 ODE, and the part number is for 100% 3B0 121 291

I found this on web

http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Catalogues/ETKA_Audi_2000_TT_Coolant_System_PartNumbers.pdf

which show tha same thing which you think
3B0 122 291 B which is part of water hose kit, so maybe I should try with this kit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ignore the number i posted above then as that's the one for the radiator itself

looking again at your picture above the pen to scale would suggest it was smaller than i first thought so would tally up with the fact you mentioned leak at the rear so i'm pretty sure it's one of the heater fitting's rather than a radiator one (larger) as i first thought, should have looked properly really sorry

in your TT system link it's something similar to #35

checking out the actual Toledo screen it appears what you need is part of the pipe 1J0122157CE (#27) if you look just to the side of the #45 you can make it out on the end

the description certainly fit's
(27) 1J0122157CE water hose / (throttle valve housing > junction piece > cylinder head)

it may be worth passing a camera phone over it for a live look or even showing your tech the picture above to see if he can confirm it ? either way if the pipe is expensive then a try of the TT one may be cheaper but from what i can see that pipe isn't too dear

Last edited:

bigelvis

HI

in my opinion comparing diagram with photo it should be your first shot no.17
tommorrow I will talk with my mechanic about this possibility, ones again thank You for fast help

ps. Additionally surfing on the web I found complete Etka 7 vw group database (almost 3gb) which I could provide to the forum if it's not here already

bigelvis

MY mechanic confirmed that it's "quick coupling piece" 3b0 122 291 c, In friday I will know if it really fits

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
#17 looks too large a bore though if it's running off the main radiator ?

mind you it's only as represented drawing i guess

bigelvis

Yes it looks large but I think I have to believe my mechanic, it's runing to the heater core

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
www.gardensandhouses.co.uk
Bit of time since this thread. but I've just had the same thing. The seal inside this part went on me about 50 miles from Calais after an almost non-stop 10 hour drive from Spain. Kept topping up and crept to the ferry. Got to Dover and called the RAC who put some rubber sealant around it as a temp fix.

I've call Seat and VW, but both say this part is not on their database. After giving a load of descriptions, I think the local Seat dealer have the part (£5 including VAT). Good its a cheap bit, but its taken since last Wednesday to get them to a postion to order a part. Now I just hope its the right one...

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
Well, here's an update. I have collected the part and it looked right although a little longer. I didn't think anything of it until I went to fit it. Its too long to fit into the space as the throttle body gets in the way. I called Seat and have been told that this is a replacement part and that the part I have is no longer in production. I asked what I should do and they have said they can't help as this is the correct part.

I'm at a bit of a loss now as I have been without a car for a week now and really can't afford to be without a car as I'm unable to get to some of my clients who I am now putting off for a 2nd week. Does anybody have any ideas on this? The part number for the original part is 3B0121291

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
Its the plastic coupling joint which has a spring clip at the bottom. The part hugs over an inlet manifold into the engine and then bends more or less 70 degrees before a hose slips over it. The new part has the bend about 15 - 20mm further up the shaft.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.