Non start help needed mk1 leon 110

chubbypickels

hi every one, i was hopeing i wouldnt need to do this as soon as this but hay!

i drove for around half an hour on wednesday after work with no probs at all pulled up at my house went in quick came out and the car was wouldnt start all the lights on the dash come on as normal but on the turn of the key theres nothing not even clicking of the starter nothing so no chance of turning over, went in and did a bit of thinking went back out and tryed my spear key still nothing, called my home start on my brake down cover they sent out a spanner (who didnt have a clue lol) then i managed to jump start it and it ran fine for 10 mins turnd off and tryed again half hour later and was dead again, went out in the morning and try to jump again to get to work and was dead, came back from work with a van carryed out a battery test and said the amps where down and to replace so did last night with a new one, but didnt make a differance try to jump and still no change! :cry:

And thats where i gave up! any ideas would be great coz im stuck!

thanks every one

chubbypickels

sweet as a nut its new and the car hasnt been run with it on yet, plus put a battery tester on it and came back fine, since then i removed the starter and bench tested it and it was fine tho the signal wire to the starter was damage tho, after i repaired this found it to not be the fault replaced it all carryed out a voltage check on that signal wire when the car is ment to be cranking over and found nothing. i then checked the fuses and all is well so in the morning ive got to check the relays to see if there is one directley related to a start issue and the ignition switch (tho not sure how to test it)??

cheers

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
have you checked to see if your getting a supply to your starter off your ignition switch. My landrover has a similar fault but only when it decides to not start in the most awkward of places. So i've got a handy piece of wire with a spade end that i can conect to the starter solenoid instead of the feed from the ignition. So all i have to do it turn the ignition on and use my wire. But you could test to see if you have a supply off your ignition switch when its in the cranking position. That would tell you if you need to investigate the ignition side of things or the starter. It could even be a bad earth from the engine block back to the battery.

chubbypickels

just incase someone looks through and needs help with this, i solved it, the battery cable that gos for the positve termal to the starter had 12v on all my checks but when checked the last time i checked the amps and found it to not be pulling em through thus courseing the fault, i by passed with a jump lead to confirm and made one up, so allsorted!!!! YAY!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members