Non starter

Apr 14, 2019
Good evening all,
Bought a 2001 ibiza 1ltr last week as a cheap runner. Start and drove lovely for the first drive home then would not start again. Just cranks over. It would start then would die instantly.
Now just cranking. The fuel pump is not making any attempt to run until I hit the bottom of steering Columb which then it would briefly kit in.
I've put on a new ignition switch and had all the clocks apart to re solder the joints. Still no joy. I have put a direct 12v on the fuel pump to get that going but still just cranks. Any suggestions fellas?
I'm thinking immobiliser possibly the pickup ring playing up but I don't want to be throwing money at it unneccisarily.
I have the immobiliser come on when you first turn ignition on but goes out and doesn't come on atal whilst cranking.

Cheers for taking the time to read and I hope someone can help. Cheers fellas

Apr 14, 2019
Forgot to say, I'm getting earth from both wires from the immobiliser ring with ignition on off and cranking

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
May not be the same thing but my '99 Cordoba Vario 1.9tdi led me a merry dance with quite similar symptoms. It would crank away merrily but fail to start. I actually failed to find the solution so asked our local independent Audi garage who immediately said "109 relay - just fit a new one" I did and it started immediately! May not be your problem but was an easy fix for me.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members