Non starting when cold

charlie_j17

Its good to torque!
Nov 11, 2009
BATH
My LC will not start if the outside temp is below say -3 degress. There is no power getting down to the starter as if a relay isnt being pulled across. As soon as it warms up abit outside it starts with no problems. I wouldnt mind as much but this is the second winter with fault and i just wanna get it sorted. Any ideas???????

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Mine struggles to start with cold temps, but gets there in the end. Takes a good 5 - 10 seconds before engine kicks in to life when temps are below freezing.

jk47

Mine is a 140,000 veteran and it started yesterday morning when the temp was -5C! I think there is something wrong with your car, check the usual things like Oil, Engine Coolant, Battery. Is it at least turning over?

charlie_j17

Its good to torque!
Nov 11, 2009
BATH
Mine is a 140,000 veteran and it started yesterday morning when the temp was -5C! I think there is something wrong with your car, check the usual things like Oil, Engine Coolant, Battery. Is it at least turning over?

As ive said there isnt even any power getting down to the starter so no it doesnt even turn over.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.