Nooooooooooo!!!

kohmikey

Black Ibiza SC Cupra
Oct 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
You can imagine my joy when someone went through my car whilst turning off a roundabout mid November.
There was only slight bodywork damage to the drivers side but the shock absorber was shot and so needed replacing.

I was advised it should only take 5-7 days to repair usually but just my luck the shock absorber was on backorder. It has taken a month so far and for the whole time i have been given a 1.2 Corsa. :cry:

I so miss my Cupra and wanted to tell you all how much pain i have gone thru driving a chavwagon for the last month!

Moan over.

T. Spark

I feel for you, my FR whent in, didnt drive it for 2 weeks (had a 1.2 corsa for a week) and I was going spare... why would anyone buy one!?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
On the plus side, you'll really appreciate just how quick your car is when you get it back again :)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Sir SparkSter said:
I feel for you, my FR whent in, didnt drive it for 2 weeks (had a 1.2 corsa for a week) and I was going spare... why would anyone buy one!?

1.2 corsa's are quoick if thye have been abused well enough, my little brother has one as a company car at the moment, its a cover till he gets his Astra VXR which is still 2 months till delivery date.

and this thing must have been ragged shitless as it is a pool car, and i tell ya it is very very nippy. would easily see off a 1.2 ibiza.

imagin that though, 1.2 corsa to astra VXR, lucky git!

T. Spark

Ant FR said:
1.2 corsa's are quoick if thye have been abused well enough, my little brother has one as a company car at the moment, its a cover till he gets his Astra VXR which is still 2 months till delivery date.

and this thing must have been ragged shitless as it is a pool car, and i tell ya it is very very nippy. would easily see off a 1.2 ibiza.

imagin that though, 1.2 corsa to astra VXR, lucky git!

It wasnt any quicker than a 1.2 Ibiza (and top end it wasnt even close) maybe I had a super dud, or your bro has a 1.8 badged as a 1.2!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
nah he did have a 1.8SRi corsa before that was his old compnay car, and then that came to the end of it 2 years last october, at which point he orderd the VXR, but due to a waiting list he is not du to get it till jan or feb so has had to take a pool car from fleet.

So he got the corsa 1.2, and it is a cracker, we have a habit in our family of taking company cars back road rallying, and to burn out school. At both the little 1.2 has excelled, although my old golf Tdi was exceptionally good at burn out school.!!!!!!!

T. Spark

haha, ya we have the same thing here, tho a "reverse max speed test" is a favorite!

And general wear..... *cough*

Really tho, the 1.2 Corsa was marginally quicker to 60 than my old 1.2 Ibiza, but the Ibiza top speed was over 5mph quicker!

aaronbromley

TDISport.com Owner
Nov 25, 2004
Lincolnshire
www.TDISport.com
Last November my 7 month old Ibiza TDI Sport was written off, i had a 2 week spell in a Nissan Micra courtasy car and then a week in a 1.0 Corsa. Absolutely terrible!!!, when i eventually got my new car in February i couldn't believe the performance difference!

Mates mum and dad have a 350bhp Scooby and when someone pranged the botty....of the Scooby....they got a 1.2 Corsa......

When they took it back they complained and the dealer guy said:

'You should have told us what you drove in......we have a few STi's and even an EClass merc we could have givin you'.

I laughed lots...

Triple D

Sir SparkSter said:
imagine what bunnin feels like, his cars been off the road for over 2 months now, tut tut

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
Sir SparkSter said:
why would anyone buy one!?

they dont.. they steal them.

i learnt to drive in one of them and as a new driver they are prety ok.. then when i got my golf with a 1.9 engine and had to drive his thing again for my pass pluss i was getting so frustrated. needed a calender to time 0-60!

kohmikey

Black Ibiza SC Cupra
Oct 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
I finally got my car back yesterday but then....

the airbag light stayed on, when i wheelspun the hazard light would stay on as if i had turned the esp off.
I was driving down a country lane and tried to turn but my steering failed, my wheels were going straight but the top of my wheel was pointing to 9 o'clock!

If that wasn't bad enough i managed to park up in a cul de sac out of the way, someone decided it would be a good idea to call the police because it looked like i was trying to break into my car!?!

So now its back to the Corsa :(

ferrari312

Last month a neighbour left the handbrake off their range rover and it bloody well rolled backwards into the front of my shiny new Ibiza Sport - I was stunned at the damage done, bonnet heavily dented at the front & buckled to the top right hand corner, the bumper was bashed & the badge/grill was smashed, the owner accepted liability on the spot and was really cool to be honest.

Anyway car went to garage & I was told I would get a new fiesta, but instead they handed me the key to a yucky Yaris … OMG what a pile of s4%t I cant believe people actually buy these, the steering is sooo unresponsive its plain dangerous and as for the roll in the car well its like your flying a bloody plane …

+ of this is that courtesy cars let you appreciate the car you have.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
kohmikey said:
I finally got my car back yesterday but then....

the airbag light stayed on, when i wheelspun the hazard light would stay on as if i had turned the esp off.
I was driving down a country lane and tried to turn but my steering failed, my wheels were going straight but the top of my wheel was pointing to 9 o'clock!

If that wasn't bad enough i managed to park up in a cul de sac out of the way, someone decided it would be a good idea to call the police because it looked like i was trying to break into my car!?!

So now its back to the Corsa :(

At least they cared enough to call the police,

As for the airbag light, sounds like it needs a new contact ring, gets damaged when you take the steering wheel off. Mine is on at the moment, and needs replacing, being done on service in a couple of weeks.

kohmikey

Black Ibiza SC Cupra
Oct 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
Ant FR said:
At least they cared enough to call the police,

As for the airbag light, sounds like it needs a new contact ring, gets damaged when you take the steering wheel off. Mine is on at the moment, and needs replacing, being done on service in a couple of weeks.

Neighbour hood watch and all that i suppose.

Hopefully it is just the contact ring.

Triple D

Sir SparkSter said:
Ya, tis bad... doesnt he have a little 1.2 to rag?
nope just the pleasure of being a passenger in mine lol. but he's gonna try and get it to seat this friday.

T. Spark

Ya, spose still being near Ibiza's is good, tho really weird when your not driving, yet some how still homely!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.