Not Impressed

dunkan

Hi Oliver, it does make you laugh at the state of there customer care, i phoned this morning at 9:00 am and asked if my bumper was there and basicly got brushed off with i'll get the sales manager to call you.

I offered my suggestion of send me the bumper and a cheque for half the painting and fitting costs which i think is way more than fair as they no longer have to get me a courtesy car, deal with there bodyshop etc etc

As usual no responce !!

How do they stay in business ?

The farce continues :(

Im on a big Toyota forum if you want to join up and chat

www.mkivsupra.net im Dnk on there, they actually have a section specially for people with problems with either members or traders !

Cheers
Dunk

dunkan

Well well, after calling back again and again nobody free to take my call i left a message with the receptionist that unless i hear from the manager today and my car will be put right at some point in the very near future and an appointment made to do said work i'll not be calling again and will put the whole matter in my solicitors hands.

The sales manager has just called me :)

My car is now booked in with them to fit the new bumper on the 5th of September while i wait which should only be a couple of hours.

Hopefully this will be an end to the saga and thanks to everyone for there input and support.

I just need to find a place near to B'ham who can service it now

cheers
dunk

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Hi Oliver, it does make you laugh at the state of there customer care, i phoned this morning at 9:00 am and asked if my bumper was there and basicly got brushed off with i'll get the sales manager to call you.

I offered my suggestion of send me the bumper and a cheque for half the painting and fitting costs which i think is way more than fair as they no longer have to get me a courtesy car, deal with there bodyshop etc etc

As usual no responce !!

How do they stay in business ?

The farce continues :(

Im on a big Toyota forum if you want to join up and chat

www.mkivsupra.net im Dnk on there, they actually have a section specially for people with problems with either members or traders !

Cheers
Dunk

Hey Dunk!

Great news on the bumper - if only Seat were as obliging to some of the other chaps on the forum. I hope they look after you for all of the hassle you have endured. It is disgusting. I would not go back after this is sorted. The sales manager needs a good kicking and a job working on the till at a £saver so he can put his people skills to best use [:@]

Anyway, I forgot to mention that the Supra has been a childhood dream car for me! I presume the one in your avatar is yours? Give me some specs if it is. I was pricing them up last weekend and you can get a tidy one for around £10K.

Would I get lynched on the Supra forum when they find out I have an LCR :D

I could pretend I thought it said Cupra not Supra :D

dunkan

Hey Dunk!

Great news on the bumper - if only Seat were as obliging to some of the other chaps on the forum. I hope they look after you for all of the hassle you have endured. It is disgusting. I would not go back after this is sorted. The sales manager needs a good kicking and a job working on the till at a £saver so he can put his people skills to best use [:@]

Anyway, I forgot to mention that the Supra has been a childhood dream car for me! I presume the one in your avatar is yours? Give me some specs if it is. I was pricing them up last weekend and you can get a tidy one for around £10K.

Would I get lynched on the Supra forum when they find out I have an LCR :D

I could pretend I thought it said Cupra not Supra :D

Cheers Oliver, im just relieved to be honest and when its done i'll really celebrate as i wont quite believe it till i drive away on the 5th a happy Leon owner.

People skills arent this garages strong point and thats not just the managers, if i'd got shares in SEAT or the Willoughby group i'd be selling them asap !

If its been a dream then get one but be very carefull if you go looking as lots are just not worth touching with a very long stick ;) ive owned 2 uk spec tt's for a total of over 12 years, the one in my avatar is my present car :)

Spec on my car to date.
1994 3.0 twin turbo uk spec mkiv auto.
Trd widebody kit (replica)
Trd antiroll bars
Hks R spec intercooler
Hks Superdragger exhaust fully decatted
Blitz boost controller
Apexi filter
My own induction kit and hard pipe kit
Work Equip 3 piece split rims 10 x 19 fr 11.5 x 19 rear
Eibach Springs 30mm ish :)
Thor Fcd

Fully retrimmed inside, new leather and carpet and lots of new o/e parts, radiator, heater matrix, coil packs, injectors, dampers, calipers, brake lines etc

Running 1.25 bar on stock engine and turbos and is around 430 440 hp :)

I doubt youd get lynched but a few members on there do come across a little harsh to say the least, dont dare ask any questions as the search button club will get you lol

Cupra Supra is an easy mistake :D

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Wow!! Sounds like you have a tidy example. There is a silver one with a Veilside kit on that I see every now and again in Nottingham. I had to change my pants when they used one in the Fast and Furious film - I am just not a big fan of all the decals and transfers they put on :D

How long have you had the current one? You must have a very understanding missus!!!

Have you got a link to some shots of her? The car that is not you missus :D

Last edited:

dunkan

Wow!! Sounds like you have a tidy example. There is a silver one with a Veilside kit on that I see every now and again in Nottingham. I had to change my pants when they used one in the Fast and Furious film - I am just not a big fan of all the decals and transfers they put on :D

How long have you had the current one? You must have a very understanding missus!!!

Have you got a link to some shots of her? The car that is not you missus :D

I'll have to pop over your way one day and take you out for a spin in it :) at the moment im waiting on a complete set of new suspension parts, wishbones, track control arms, eccentric adjusters etc etc, there all a bit tired now and need replacing then its a full geo suspension set up.

Stickers dont do it for me either apart from when i was advertiseing a m8's tyre and wheel shop !

Ive had this one nearly 9 years, the mrs left a while ago but im on the prowl for a replacement lol

Sorry im crap on pcs and links etc lol send me your email via pm and i'll forward you a few.

dunk

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Hi Dunk,

It would be great to catch-up! I am always round and about.

The Supra sounds like this is a big project for you, I'll PM you my email in a sec so you can drop me some pics...

I am on the prowl too, work and the car take up most of my time though... not much space for anything else :D

I have just posted the shots of my day at Donington today...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2045741

dunkan

Hi Oliver

Afraid the supra is one of those cars you get too involved in and before you know it youve spent £1000's but its only money and were only here once is my excuse lol

Donnington is a great circuit, nice picks :)

Catch up with you in the near future m8

cheers
dunk

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
I can believe it! I would want her looking brand new if I had one. Sometimes the light clusters can look a little tired and I think the wheels really make or break the car.

I plan to stay at Donington for the next few months and pnce I am more comfortable with my ability i will brave another track.... maybe Oulton park!??!?!

It's likely Donington may be under construction next year.....

dunkan

Im planning on doing Oulton Park in the future, fantastic circuit.

Weve just had the weekend there with my sister and brother racing her classic alfa and his 1800 bmw at the gold cup event.

Donningtons got a lot of work to do for the FI GP so guess it could be a building site soon ?

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
I have only heard good things about Oulton - my instructor loves it and only lives round the corner so it is good for him.

Which Alfa does her sister have? You sound like a family of petrol heads! :D

My sister has a Mk1 Golf GTi convertable, a classic Beetle which she has restored and rebuilt/painted etc... should be finished this year just needs to sort electrics and that and a Mk1 Polo. She is ex-REME so she is handy with the tools and has HGV class 1 license!!! :D

They ar cutting it fine for F1 in 2010 but I am not 100% sure what they plan to do to make it compliant?!??!?! I will be sad to lose it as my home track during the works....

cupra777

hi dunkan
i been reading about your great leon deal, only joking, all that is a load of crap i must agree with you 100% that is s**t service and dealer i do feel sorry for you, what a terrible and stressful time
nice supra 2 mate wot insurance group is it?

dunkan

hi dunkan
i been reading about your great leon deal, only joking, all that is a load of crap i must agree with you 100% that is s**t service and dealer i do feel sorry for you, what a terrible and stressful time
nice supra 2 mate wot insurance group is it?

Hi m8, thankfully my Seat ordeal is over and a new bumper has been fitted to my car, i definetly wont be buying a Seat again thats for sure !

The supra is on a cherished car insurance policy and i think is group 19, its not bad to insure though as im getting on in years with full no claims bonus, just over £300 fully comp with an agreed value and all mods declared.

Regards
Dunk

cupra777

Hi m8, thankfully my Seat ordeal is over and a new bumper has been fitted to my car, i definetly wont be buying a Seat again thats for sure !

The supra is on a cherished car insurance policy and i think is group 19, its not bad to insure though as im getting on in years with full no claims bonus, just over £300 fully comp with an agreed value and all mods declared.

Regards
Dunk

thats well good 4 the supra
im glad your bumper is finally fitted
is the supra any good handling as its rwd

dunkan

thats well good 4 the supra
im glad your bumper is finally fitted
is the supra any good handling as its rwd

Its not bad but i am 47 so that def helps lol

Yep im happy now with my Seat but its definetly left me thinking never again !

To be honest rwd is the only way to go, especally with over 400 hp :rolleyes:

cupra777

Its not bad but i am 47 so that def helps lol

Yep im happy now with my Seat but its definetly left me thinking never again !

To be honest rwd is the only way to go, especally with over 400 hp :rolleyes:

over 400bhp nice
did you go modified nationals in peterbrough earlyer this year

dunkan

over 400bhp nice
did you go modified nationals in peterbrough earlyer this year

400 + hp is great but can definetly catch you out if your not thinking a few yards ahead, no i didnt go to the modified nationals, not been to many shows etc this year as ive been busy throwing my wallet at the supra lol all new suspension inc shocks springs wishbones etc etc etc

car drives great now like its on rails but after spending over £4k it bloody well should be lol

cupra777

400 + hp is great but can definetly catch you out if your not thinking a few yards ahead, no i didnt go to the modified nationals, not been to many shows etc this year as ive been busy throwing my wallet at the supra lol all new suspension inc shocks springs wishbones etc etc etc

car drives great now like its on rails but after spending over £4k it bloody well should be lol

if i pm you my email can u also send me some piks of ur lush supra
how much was da wide body lol

dunkan

if i pm you my email can u also send me some piks of ur lush supra
how much was da wide body lol

Yes m8 no problem and glad you like my toy lol

The kit is around £3k - £4k but then you have to fit it, paint it and fit slightly bigger wheels lol

cupra777

Yes m8 no problem and glad you like my toy lol

The kit is around £3k - £4k but then you have to fit it, paint it and fit slightly bigger wheels lol

woah thats alot of money lol
i have always luved supras on games like need for spee dill always get it