Not Impressed

dunkan

woah thats alot of money lol
i have always luved supras on games like need for spee dill always get it

You dont want to know what ive spent in 9 years owning this one ! but hey were only here once lol

One of the best put together cars ive ever owned :)

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
We go to Dealers for the excellent PRE & AFTER SALES SERVICE that they all claim to possess - to me, once they've got your money they try their hardest to steer clear of you & you become a hinderance to them - as in your case Dunkan.

WOULD THEY PUT UP WITH IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

dunkan

We go to Dealers for the excellent PRE & AFTER SALES SERVICE that they all claim to possess - to me, once they've got your money they try their hardest to steer clear of you & you become a hinderance to them - as in your case Dunkan.

WOULD THEY PUT UP WITH IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes your dead right and how many times are we left thinking,,, why did i ever go there ?

A few dealerships are ok, ive bought from dealerships 3 times and on 2 occasions its not been a very nice experiance to say the least.
Bmw were one with Seat being the other, Toyota on the other hand were exellant when i bought my 1st mkiv supra back in 1994.

julia v

Not impressed either!

I have used GK Derby for a couple of years but as Willoughbys offered me a better deal when I bought my new car I decided to give them a try. In December my tailgate decided it wasnt going to open anymore, either with remote or key. I took it in and they said they needed to get a part which would take about a week. Several calls later (always told, it'll be in next week), an email which was never responded to, and 3 months on I had had enough. I called in to GK, explained the situation and within 2 weeks they have the problem solved. Yes, there were no parts in the UK nor Spain and they had to source one directly from the parts manufacturer but their customer service has been outstanding. Throughout the 2 weeks they have called me several times to keep me updated about the situation, have I ever had a call returned from Willoughby? No.
I will always go to GK in the future.
Now the boot is about to be fixed I finally have by car booked in with Iain to work his magic and will be posting in the Finer Details section very soon. :)

dunkan

I have used GK Derby for a couple of years but as Willoughbys offered me a better deal when I bought my new car I decided to give them a try. In December my tailgate decided it wasnt going to open anymore, either with remote or key. I took it in and they said they needed to get a part which would take about a week. Several calls later (always told, it'll be in next week), an email which was never responded to, and 3 months on I had had enough. I called in to GK, explained the situation and within 2 weeks they have the problem solved. Yes, there were no parts in the UK nor Spain and they had to source one directly from the parts manufacturer but their customer service has been outstanding. Throughout the 2 weeks they have called me several times to keep me updated about the situation, have I ever had a call returned from Willoughby? No.
I will always go to GK in the future.
Now the boot is about to be fixed I finally have by car booked in with Iain to work his magic and will be posting in the Finer Details section very soon. :)

Sorry to hear of your troubles with Willoughbys, they obviously dont want to stay in business do they ?

dunkan

Thanks for the pm's julia, its laughable isnt it and glad as soon as ive sold my Leon i wont have to go anywhere near a SEAT dealer ever again.

All the best to you

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
We have a high customer satisfaction rate as of which customers are happy with the work that has been done on their vehicles. As in your case there my have been a problem with your vehicle and a far as I am aware has been fixed and corrected. As in the other case that has been mentioned that’s a problem with Seat UK parts and not us as a dealership.

julia v

I did actually mention that there was a problem getting hold of the parts, however the other dealer did get it sorted for me and at least they kept me updated throughout the process. Your dealership was supposedly getting a part in for me, but I got fed up of waiting and of getting no response from yourselves. The fact that I had to repeatedly ring myself to find out what was going on, to be hung up on and have my email ignored is not a problem with Seat parts .....

Last edited by a moderator:

briggsy1987

Mar 24, 2009
Just my 2p on the subject of willoughby's...
I bought my car 2nd hand from trade, and I wrote to the last owner to enquire about the cam belt as it's interval was due. I got a lovely email back telling me what had been done etc and it turns out she took it to the seat dealership for a service and they blew the engine up and snapped the cambelt. They didn't want to accept any fault for this, telling her it could happen at any time, for experienced mechanics to break more than they fix seems a bit iffy to me.
The lady ended up giving up with them and getting it towed, replaced the engine with a reconditioned block and put the cambelt on, then sold it. I am very lucky to have ended up with this bargain reconditioned engine, as the seller didn't know if the cambelt had even been done.
Has anyone from this forum had a good aftersales experience with Willoughby's to back up canonman's statements?

bigbore

Just my 2p on the subject of willoughby's...
I bought my car 2nd hand from trade, and I wrote to the last owner to enquire about the cam belt as it's interval was due. I got a lovely email back telling me what had been done etc and it turns out she took it to the seat dealership for a service and they blew the engine up and snapped the cambelt. They didn't want to accept any fault for this, telling her it could happen at any time, for experienced mechanics to break more than they fix seems a bit iffy to me.
The lady ended up giving up with them and getting it towed, replaced the engine with a reconditioned block and put the cambelt on, then sold it. I am very lucky to have ended up with this bargain reconditioned engine, as the seller didn't know if the cambelt had even been done.
Has anyone from this forum had a good aftersales experience with Willoughby's to back up canonman's statements?
seems strange to me ,i found them to be very helpful the workshop control guy was very knowledgeable
he could even help with my wifes peugeot ,i would recommend willoughbys to all

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.