Not off to a good start

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
Bluefin arrived last night, today (after Skyfall!) I got back and have reprogrammed the car. Tomorrow I'm doing a hundred miles or so, so will report my feedback - so far I've not even started the car!

ozz

Oct 21, 2012
More anecdotal evidence follows.
Vehicle is nearly 2 months old
Mileage 6700
Useage mainly long runs town - motorway - industrial estate (most journeys over 100 miles- I'm a service engineer and visit customer sites all over England)
Mpg on computer = 48-53mpg
Cruising speed when not in traffic = 70 on way to customer,80 on way back:)
Right foot pressure = light 50% medium 40% heavy 10% - company pays mileage rate so making money over 45mpg.

kblackburn

Aug 15, 2012
holme/cumbria
Irksome,

Hows the bluefin doing ?, vey interested, because this current fuel consumption is no good at all, having been use to getting 60mpg+, I have written to Seat uk, to find out if there is a reflash for the engine ECU, to improve fuel consumption.

kev

ozz

Oct 21, 2012
reviving an old thread with more info

Right, the 62 plate 143 Exeo ST Sport Tech, miraculously, once it went past 15k miles immediately started to improve on the mpg.
Whereas before I was getting (all indicated on computer)
47 mpg( long commutes, 80ish on the <cough>autobahn)
53mpg (using throttle as little as poss, cruising at 65)

I can now regularly achieve over 55mpg on journeys easily
It just jumped up when I reached 15k miles - I wonder if they program ECUs for a running in period?
Ozz

ozz

Oct 21, 2012
My fuel consumption mirror's yours, ozz.

Virtually identical. Same car as well. My mileage is around 4500 though.

Try pumping the tyres up to 41psi all round - as recommended for a full load - interested to see if this is the reason for my improved mpg or whether it has run in a bit.

Loonyjuice

Dec 5, 2005
Warrington
I used to get 59mpg easily from a leon fr 170 cr i don't understand why the exeo's engine seems so bad.

...because it's a heavier car.

Compared to most of the people who have commented so far I've owned my Exeo for 2.5 years and I can tell you that 44mpg average is about right for a 170. It's possible to get into the mid 50's, but as already mentioned, it depends upon a whole host of factors such as the length of your journey, how lucky you are with the lights/traffic and how delicate you are with the throttle. My personal best is 59mpg on a 30 mile journey between Manchester and Liverpool, but that was a 50mph cruise outside of peak hours.

My driving style is to usually change up before 2k rpm. Also, my car was re-mapped about 6 months ago and I find that my computer now overestimates it's figures by about 5mpg, although overall average remains about the same.

I'd say mid to high 40's is the norm, at least for me.