not realy happy with coilovers (TA Technix jackson tuning)

ricktgti

hi,ok not sure where to start, i dont know what i was quite expecting knowing there sort of budget coilovers
took the car to the garage telling them i wanted a even drop about 40-50mm allround, soon after i dropped the car off i got a phone call saying i think the coilovers are wrong the rears are longer than the old ones that came off, so when wound down the drop takes me to the same height as the original suspension if that makes sense??
SP_A0060.jpg

SP_A0062.jpg

SP_A0061.jpg

SP_A0064.jpg

SP_A0063.jpg

pics taken from camera phone so not great.
im happy with the front ,when i got to the garage i had to tell them to take it up it was that low, the wheels where disapering in to the wings.

also the ride is the worst ive ever been in, reminds me of go-karting, every pebble/stone/lump i go over my head rest attacks me(whiplash), and my sub sumersaults in the boot. when i checked it it was upside down and wrong way round.
sorry one more thing, the slightest of corners the tyres squeal like im taking corners at 40mph
would like advise/comments off anyone whos had simaler problems or can help with any of these matters thankyou

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
secure your sub is one option

what width wheels you got?

the ride is going to be quite harsh as there only £200- different story if they were £500 plus...u do get what you pay for. as for the back they should have a part number on, see if you can read it with a wheel off and contact phil to see if they are correct

sooty16v

long.
Jul 25, 2007
South London
I have the same coilies and have not had any problems with them thus far...

Yes the ride is harsh, but as Crezz said, you do get what you pay for. Plus, how many coilies do you know that can give u such a vast range of lowering; 30-100mm!

The ride is something that takes getting used too...positives being the cornering which I feel is quite good.

Squealing is probably your tyres. The rears are longer then old ones as I found this too.

ricktgti

it always happens to me tut. the box said polo/ibza but those pics the rears are locked off on the last thread as low as they will go.

ricktgti

hi sooty, do you have any pics of your rears? like i say mine are as low as they possibly go and dont realy look much lower than before, tyres are newish Yokohamas that came with the wheels.
whhel size is 17" could that make the ca look asthough it was sat higher?? cheers ricky

ricktgti

:blink: No way is that the lowest setting! Mine is down about 70mm rear with 30mm to go!

Maybe it needs to settle?!

now you can see why im not happy looking at other peoples drops compared to mine :(

sooty16v

long.
Jul 25, 2007
South London
17's wont make such a difference! That crazy to hear the rears are all the way down!

Speak to Phil J, im sure he would help u or advise you regarding options...

ricktgti

thanks sooty, think i will leave them a few days to see if they settle/drop a little more, as i only got them fitted last night. then i will contact phil.
im also thinking if i had rear spacers then they would look better, i dont know??

ricktgti

Yup, I would space the rears out slightly. Im currently running 20mm spcacers on the rear.

sorry not done much searching on this yet but where can i get some sapces? and would i need longer studs/bolts and where could i get these also?? cheers

Mckellar

I find the ride quite comfortable considering.

Your kit must be wrong, saying that you do have 17s on..thats not helping

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise