not realy happy with coilovers (TA Technix jackson tuning)

Mckellar

"also the ride is the worst ive ever been in, reminds me of go-karting, every pebble/stone/lump i go over my head rest attacks me(whiplash), and my sub sumersaults in the boot. when i checked it it was upside down and wrong way round.
sorry one more thing, the slightest of corners the tyres squeal like im taking corners at 40mph"

lol, mr dramatic.

Whiplash? you ever suffered that before?

Tyre squeel, could be a new road or the fact your tyres might be shite/flat

Secure your sub down and it wont be doing the olympics in your boot.

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
also the ride is the worst ive ever been in, reminds me of go-karting, every pebble/stone/lump i go over my head rest attacks me(whiplash), and my sub sumersaults in the boot. when i checked it it was upside down and wrong way round.
sorry one more thing, the slightest of corners the tyres squeal like im taking corners at 40mph"

wide tyres will squeel a bit especially on tight bends, more so with grippy/soft compound rubber like yoko's. also lowering a lot will knock out your suspension geometry, especially so on the front. harsh ride could be caused by your large wheel diameter/low profile combination. lower profile tyres don't really give way to bumps! but definately summat up with the rears!

Spoogle

When I fitted my coilovers I was getting the the same tyre squeel, even at silly speeds like 5 mph round a roundabout:p

I just went and got my alignment and front wheel camber sorted and that did the trick, or have you already got it set up?

cupra103

May 4, 2008
Richmond, NSW Australia
My coilovers are branded "raceland" & the rears are a couple of inches shorter than the standard shocks, i'd say you've got the wrong ones. With them set 40mm from the bottom of the threaded area I couldn't get the car off the trolley jack it was that low! But taken up a little more it's great now & the ride is firm & it handles great, really transformed the car.

IMG_3944.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3943.jpg
[/IMG]

Cheers

Phil

ricktgti

When I fitted my coilovers I was getting the the same tyre squeel, even at silly speeds like 5 mph round a roundabout:p

I just went and got my alignment and front wheel camber sorted and that did the trick, or have you already got it set up?

no not sorted yet as i knew there was somthing wrong with the coilies

chunkeboi

My coilovers cost me £200 off ebay haha, from hottunning??

and for the price im well happy best thing iv ever bought mines lowerd 70mm allround and i still got bout 30mm and the secondary spring? and got 2years garantee, maby you should ov got some of them??

4021812447a7089495560l.jpg

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun

I got my TA's from ebay germany £167 delivered.better bargain:p n this is what they looked like in the box

25jan08assemblyBigBadWolf016.jpg

25jan08assemblyBigBadWolf017.jpg

25jan08assemblyBigBadWolf018.jpg

Admittedly i've had a few head to roof liner moments but they may be more due to me driving like a twat over speed humps n the disgusting state of the roads around here[:@] Mines settled pretty nice after a 60/40 drop,surely if they were wrongly supplied or faulty item you'd be able to get a replacement, as said maybe speak to Phil,he gets a lot of business of the various sites so wouldn't have thought he'd be unwilling to listen....good luck:)

Mckellar

I got my TA's from ebay germany £167 delivered.better bargain:p n this is what they looked like in the box

Admittedly i've had a few head to roof liner moments but they may be more due to me driving like a twat over speed humps

Maybe your just a jolly giant :headhurt:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland

and for the price im well happy best thing iv ever bought mines lowerd 70mm allround and i still got bout 30mm and the secondary spring? and got 2years garantee, maby you should ov got some of them??

I was looking at those coilovers from hottunning a few weeks back. I thought about getting a set.

Are they alright for the money and have you had any problems with them yet?

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham

I might have to get some of these. Iv posted on clubpolo almost 2 weeks ago and still haven't had a reply :confused:

Have you had any problems with them so far? Anyone else had/have these coilovers? What are your opinions?

chunkeboi

I might have to get some of these. Iv posted on clubpolo almost 2 weeks ago and still haven't had a reply :confused:

Have you had any problems with them so far? Anyone else had/have these coilovers? What are your opinions?

Well i have had them on their for about 5months and not had any problems i fink thay are a really good buy. Id defo buy them agen. Postage was quite quick aswell, and my friend that fitted them with me bought a set for his golf straght after,
only thing is you cant adjust the dampen but i wouldnt want to as mines just perfect as far as im concerned not to stiff and not to soft, and handling is amazing,

hope with all this praise nothing goes wrong with yours if you get some lol,

chunkeboi

Nah,just an idiot in too much of a rush at times,lol,more the rear passengers that get chucked about but don't like it don't get in the car i say!!

£167 thats a bargain and a half!!! shame i didnt see them :doh:
but no need to show off! lol

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Well i have had them on their for about 5months and not had any problems i fink thay are a really good buy. Id defo buy them agen. Postage was quite quick aswell, and my friend that fitted them with me bought a set for his golf straght after,
only thing is you cant adjust the dampen but i wouldnt want to as mines just perfect as far as im concerned not to stiff and not to soft, and handling is amazing,

hope with all this praise nothing goes wrong with yours if you get some lol,

These coilovers may be an option now. Seeing as Im having serious problems with rear sports dampers on mine. :confused:

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
£167 thats a bargain and a half!!! shame i didnt see them :doh:
but no need to show off! lol

Sorry wasn't trying to:p just that they have them on best offer on ebay.de and don't seem to have them on that so much here,my first offer got accepted so think could have gone even lower n got em even cheaper,damn!!!;) Definitely worth a go,they can only say no! Makes me wonder though how come only £15/20 to send something of that weight/size from Germany,when costs that or more to come from somewhere in England:shrug:

chunkeboi

Sorry wasn't trying to:p just that they have them on best offer on ebay.de and don't seem to have them on that so much here,my first offer got accepted so think could have gone even lower n got em even cheaper,damn!!!;) Definitely worth a go,they can only say no! Makes me wonder though how come only £15/20 to send something of that weight/size from Germany,when costs that or more to come from somewhere in England:shrug:

Lol yeah true thats quite cheep, but who cares u got a good deal and im still jealous haha

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Lol yeah true thats quite cheep, but who cares u got a good deal and im still jealous haha

Yeah the spacers are half the cost of those,why are they so expensive for 2 bits of metal?? just waiting to get em delivered n fitted n the geo done,then piccies will be up,when i've spent another 48hrs cleaning those goddamn rims:ban: why oh why did i go for white?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.