not realy happy with coilovers (TA Technix jackson tuning)

chunkeboi

Yeah the spacers are half the cost of those,why are they so expensive for 2 bits of metal?? just waiting to get em delivered n fitted n the geo done,then piccies will be up,when i've spent another 48hrs cleaning those goddamn rims:ban: why oh why did i go for white?

Haha it really is anoying when u clean them and thay look amazing then 2hours l8r their black again covered in brake dust[:@] but white looks so good for the short time their clean lol,

chunkeboi

yep white does look sweet when its clean! all my wheels are white!

I really love your topaz blue with the white mk3 wheels dont think you could do much eles to make it look better i love it,

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
hi,ok not sure where to start, i dont know what i was quite expecting knowing there sort of budget coilovers
took the car to the garage telling them i wanted a even drop about 40-50mm allround, soon after i dropped the car off i got a phone call saying i think the coilovers are wrong the rears are longer than the old ones that came off, so when wound down the drop takes me to the same height as the original suspension if that makes sense??
SP_A0060.jpg

pics taken from camera phone so not great.
im happy with the front ,when i got to the garage i had to tell them to take it up it was that low, the wheels where disapering in to the wings.

also the ride is the worst ive ever been in, reminds me of go-karting, every pebble/stone/lump i go over my head rest attacks me(whiplash), and my sub sumersaults in the boot. when i checked it it was upside down and wrong way round.
sorry one more thing, the slightest of corners the tyres squeal like im taking corners at 40mph
would like advise/comments off anyone whos had simaler problems or can help with any of these matters thankyou

I went for Weitec Coilovers very pleased with them :)

http://www.weitecsuspensions.co.uk/uk/dealer/dealer_uk.htm

When it comes to important things mate like Suspension you get what you pay for.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
I really love your topaz blue with the white mk3 wheels dont think you could do much eles to make it look better i love it,

cheers buddy, the pictures do flatter it somewhat! lol

Bentley1989

Mk2 Ibiza 1.4s
Dec 18, 2007
Hartlepool
not tryin to jack this thread or anythin, but people are sayin that coillies make the car ride stiffer etc which i can understand...is this the same case with a suspention kit? if i as gunna lower it id be lookin at about a 40/40 drop and nothin too expensive (bein a studnet doesnt pay well!:lol:)

so basically is a suspention kit as "go-carty" as coillies? ive got 17's too btw which i bet doesnt help...

cheers for any help!

Chris

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Yep shocks and springs are harder. Some people dont like them that hard. The shocks and springs on mine are quite hard. I prefer it that way thought as you get more of a feel of the car.

Only time it can be bad is if you hit uneven bits on the road, i.e small sections that have been patched and are slightly higher than the original bit of road.

I may upgrade to coilovers if I cant get this rear shock problem sorted.

Ash-Kennard

why are you reading this?
Jul 31, 2008
portsmouth
Bump haha.

does anyone know the conclusion to this story? and are these coilies worth the money? or should i just buy shocks and springs?

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Well from what he said I'm assuming he had the wrong rear struts, as both sets of coilovers I've fitted to my Ibizas are slightly shorter than the ones which they replaced.
I have the T.A's on mine and so does crezz, and neither of us have ever had a problem with 'ass up in the air stance'.
I'd buy them again, as I've had no problems and don't even think mine rides too bad for the price

Ollie

May 31, 2008
Well i myself am very very happy with mine, and from what i have heard from other people they are happy with thiers. Also phil is nice to do business with :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise