Not so good vibrations

Beaconjon

Jul 31, 2008
Hi all, recently my MK1 Leon TDi130 (03 plate 90K) has developed some engine vibration.

You can feel it through the steering wheel at tickover then when driving it comes through the accelerator pedal from about 2k upwards.

There's no bangs, clunks or anything like that, just a buzzy feel to the car. It pulls fine, starts fine etc.

I've had the car from new and it's been regularly serviced.

It's going into my local independant for the once over before we take it to France in a few weeks.

Could a faulty MAF be a possibility?

Cheers, Jon

rick cupra tdi

Aug 8, 2010
cheshunt
ive got the same probelem with my pd160 at first i would turn the car on and off then it would be fine then it was just before it warmed up then it was fine but now as soon as i start it it mis-fires engine lookes like its gunna jump out iv been told its injector miss fire 200 pound too find out whats rong i when i put a injector flush in there its got worse lol engine light and abs light on too anyone had same problem nice prez from the car too me just before x mas:censored:

Beaconjon

Jul 31, 2008
ive got the same probelem with my pd160 at first i would turn the car on and off then it would be fine then it was just before it warmed up then it was fine but now as soon as i start it it mis-fires engine lookes like its gunna jump out iv been told its injector miss fire 200 pound too find out whats rong i when i put a injector flush in there its got worse lol engine light and abs light on too anyone had same problem nice prez from the car too me just before x mas:censored:

Crumbs, mines not that bad mate, sorry to hear about your problems.

It went in to the local independant who recorded no fault codes on the vag com and couldnt really find much else wrong with it.

Like I said, it drives fine, pulls well but just feels buzzy sometimes. Maybe thats what 90k does to it.

RLyons

Sep 20, 2010
Sound similar to mine, I have a nasty vibration at 1000-1500 revs (ish), fine once on the move but in traffic it is quite noisy and rough....

I removed the airbox, which helped a little, now it does it from about 1000-1300 revs. It's like a transit...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members