not the usual leak

danb

Feb 26, 2006
Cambs
I have a leak in My 2002 LCR but it doesn’t appear to get as far as the footwell….

When I open the drivers side door after it’s rained a load of water falls down over the sill towards the side skirt. It seems to get trapped on the rubber part at the bottom of the door sill. I am pretty certain no water is getting into the car itself but as the passenger side doesn’t do it, I’m sure somethings up.

3.jpg

This was the only VAG picture I could find to show where the water gathers – and ideas?

1835harri

The legend
May 21, 2007
Llanelli, SW Wales
Ill tell you something. Mine does that too. No rain gets inside, but when you open the drivers door after a heavy rainfall, it gushes out of somewhere. I though nothing of it though cause its not getting into the car footwell.
I wouldnt worry about it too much until it starts getting into the car

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
I think inner door seal is on its way! If ya just pop of the door card and run a bead of silicone round bottom of seal you should be right! also check rubber door seal under door isnt blocking door drain holes!

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
there are drains on the bottom of the door , little slices in the door , blocked up more than likely , my girlfriends fiesta had the same problem , get a knife and find the little slits , they are right up against the back on the bottom of the door, if that makes any sense , putting silicone will only block it up , and cause water to build up in the door , before you know you will have loads of water in your door if u silicone it ,

tvducks

i have the same problem on my Leon. on all doors. water doesnt com into the car bit want to sort it out

water looks like its commming in from the front of the door, dropping passed the door hinge and pooling at the base of the door.

did you manage to sort it?

Soundwave

Aug 18, 2007
Basildon, Essex
You can add me to the list as well.

Mine is only on the drivers side too, it deffinitley isnt coming into the car just sits in the sills.

I'm going out once it's stopped raining for a few hours to have a look for those drainage holes & see if they are blocked at all.

Fingers crossed it's easy to sort as it's just annoying rather than being a big problem...at the moment ;)

Neil

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.