Number plates

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
I have noticed that various certain Seat Cupra Net members have posted threads detailing their number plate details, not a very good idea, as people can clone your numbers! Please be vigilant regarding posting personal details on Seat Cupra Net.:(

to be honest they could walk by the end of my drive or see it driving along the road and clone the plates, whilst i agree it can make it easy for them on the web it don't think it makes any difference, and if it helps i have had the number plates stolen from the local gym.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
as per rules :

Forum image privacy When posting images of privately owned vehicles, such as forum members cars, please ensure the vehicle registration plates are blanked out using a suitable photo editing package such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, for example, if your unable to do this yourself, speak to one of the admins/moderators or another experienced forum member who maybe able to offer advice or help you to do this. Pictures not following this privacy rule will be removed.

If you see any or many as you stated please report the post so it can be removed/edited accordingly

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
to be honest they could walk by the end of my drive or see it driving along the road and clone the plates, whilst i agree it can make it easy for them on the web it don't think it makes any difference, and if it helps i have had the number plates stolen from the local gym.

Exactly.

Too much scaremongering on this forum with regards to plates.

I could walk through my local tesco and pick off any reg i wanted.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
If you chose to post your own details than that's entirely up to you, as you say it's freely available publicly anyway

The rule was added to make it clear in the event of others posting pics/info in regard to another member who wouldn't feel so frivolous and would prefer not to have the exposure.

It may seem like scaremongering but it's not just thieves and friends that view forum's mind as in the past some insurance and warranty admin have been known to use such exposure of info to their advantage also. . . . .

. . . . . anyway as said above to help clarify any arising situation the rule is they will be removed or requested to be altered accordingly.

Last edited:

knackerdecobre

Can the rule be relaxed for show pictures? If you 'show' your car at a big event, there are going to be people taking pics and they will go up on the net in various places, so if you don't remove your plate, its your own fault.

Obviously a different matter when its just a local meet.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.