Nurburgring yesterday..

cpufreak

back in the UK
Nov 9, 2003
London, SW6
photo.ing.me.uk
was at the 'ring this weekend and ran into RevoKev, NickCupraR, and some others over on Nick's stag do, and also a bunch of mates off Northloop + RingersForum.

Drove down on Saturday, getting there for the end of the VLN. Met up with friends and went to the chinese in Adenau... which was brilliant as always. Really like how the staff remember you and always have something intereting to say.

Woke up sunday morning, to blue skies, and a heavy onset of dew..
dew.jpg

Went out, did a slow sighting lap with two other CSLs following (I was on worn cups, didn't fancy pushing on), and then chilled for a bit waiting for the track to dry up, chatting to friends in the car park.

Went out for another lap at about 10:30, when it was drier, and then had some instruction from Ron Simons (the guy who owns the alfa 75 experience), in the CSL, and learnt quite a lot.

Format of the lessons was pretty good...

In the morning, had 1hr from 11:00->12:00

* I drove one lap, Ron not speaking much, just watching
* Drove a second this time Ron telling me well in advance where I could improve
* Third lap Ron drove, showing me what I could do
* Fourth lap I drove again, making a few less mistakes.

Then I had 3hrs or so driving, eating, chilling, did 5 laps in between and began to find a rhythm with some of the area Ron had highlighted.

Then in at 3pm, I had another 'hour'

* Drove one lap, Ron correcting me post corner where I was still fecking p
* Drove half a lap to briedschied, for a pit stop... came back to the track and it was closed
* Chatted to Ron for an hour, helping me understand why I was making mistakes and where.
* Drove another lap and a half post closure, beginning to make less mistakes
* Ron drove a quick lap, narrating the whole way, driving the car properly, on the edge.

Finished at 5:30. So very good value for money (€125/hr of driving instruction, I had an hour or so of 'free' instruction sitting at Breidschied, chatting), and I learnt a lot.

Then the track was quite empty so I did some nice laps - the Bluhm brothers were their in their matching white CSLs with 'carbon vinyl + barcodes' on the bonnet, and I saw them going out, so I followed for one lap, we came in, I chatted to them, and went out again behind them, and stuck to them for another lap.

Chatted some more when we came in, as they were suprised my car with standard suspension was keeping with theirs (they run Bilstein PSS10)

Headed out for a 'last lap' lap with the clock in the car showing 18:49 as I went through the barrier (track closed at 19:00), came back in with the clock showing 18:57.. but I decided not to push on and do another, as I'd done about 20 laps, and combined with the instruction was quie tired.

Unfortunately though my driftbox was having a lot of trouble with signal drop out yesterday, so the graphs and stuff are all over the place, but it was a new fastest time for me..

736.jpg

Had Dinner at the PK, and then drove back this morning.... left nurburg at 7am, was in the office (360km away), by 10am, which is quite good considering I was held up in holland in a traffic jam for about half an hour..

autobahn's rock though
300km.jpg

sorry the photo isn't more clear, I dropped the camera whilst attempting a better shot... but :D :D :D :D

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
i really wanted to get another trip in before the end of the year, but i got prague end of the month, British rally in december, and tigers vs toulouse in toulos rugby trip mid december. wish i lived in holland would make it much easier

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I've been stupid enough to agree to do the Rad am Ring next year. :-o

Why oh why oh why?

No idea when my next trip before that'll be though. :(

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
I've been stupid enough to agree to do the Rad am Ring next year. :-o

Why oh why oh why?

No idea when my next trip before that'll be though. :(

i hope you read the bit in EVO this month about that, sound mad,

I also heard they occasionaly send the dodge viper round flat out through the night part to speed up the laggers and keep em alert:lol:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.