o/s wiper not working

wasvw

Dec 30, 2013
help/advice please.got in the mk2 leon this morning and turned the wipers on but the drivers side did not move.there was no suggestion of a problem before today.i managed to get to the plug on the o/s motor even though I could not get the windscreen scuttle panel off[hows that fixed on ?] im reluctant to by a new motor on the off chance its failed.the wiring plug has three wires. it has a constant feed and earth but where does the small white/green wire come from.any thoughts or a wiring diagram would be much appreciated as the car's about as much use as a chocolate teapot in this weather.
regards WASVW

wasvw

Dec 30, 2013
update.
I fitted a secondhand o/s motor today but still does not working ?
has anyone got any ideas please.
regards Chris.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
There are 2 motors, the passenger one - master and the driver - slave
the master had 4 wires going to it - live, earth, trigger, signal
the slave has 3 wires - live, earth, trigger

if the o/s wiper still doesn't work after replacement then the signal wire is broken from the master motor or the motor is not compatible.

fm.leon

Apr 29, 2015
There are 2 motors, the passenger one - master and the driver - slave
the master had 4 wires going to it - live, earth, trigger, signal
the slave has 3 wires - live, earth, trigger

if the o/s wiper still doesn't work after replacement then the signal wire is broken from the master motor or the motor is not compatible.

i have full access to vcds and it's showing no signal from passenger side wiper motor
however the passenger side wiper working and drivers side isnt

fm.leon

Apr 29, 2015
thanks MJ car will be opened up today to check the above!
Also a lot of people telling me the motors need to be aligned and configured using VCDS - is this true? if so how? Ive looked everywhere but couldn't find anything

fm.leon

Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for the help guys! Managed to get it fixed, it was a faulty wire between the master and slave motors

wasvw

Dec 30, 2013
belated update

after getting to look at a wiring diagram I was able to fix problem.
the green and white wire from the n/s motor is the signal wire that goes to the o/s motor.
this wire rather than going directly across motors goes into the main loom and has a connection in the dash panel wiring harness.i did a simple continuity test on this wire from the plugs on both motors.there was no continuity so had to be connection in dash.for a simple and reliable repair I ran a new wire from n/s to o/s motors and soldered wire in at both plugs.job done.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Does anyone have the wiring diagram mentioned above?

Here you go :)

v8m0xe.jpg

BatAndBallMk2

Apr 6, 2017
I got this issues with my Mk2 too. I've worked out that it's a wiring issue as I bypassed the trigger signal going from the master to the slave motors with a jumper connection and all worked fine.
However in the process I've damaged the connectors. Does anyone have the part number for them? They look similar to Kostal/hirschmann connectors I've seen on other vehicles.

Also does anyone know the location where the wiring harness goes in to the dash? I'm either going to try and trace where the fault is or make the jumper connection a permanent wire!

Thanks

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
However in the process I've damaged the connectors. Does anyone have the part number for them? They look similar to Kostal/hirschmann connectors I've seen on other vehicles.

The VAG part number for the plugs I believe you need is 1J0973724. There are some on eBay HERE.

Also does anyone know the location where the wiring harness goes in to the dash? I'm either going to try and trace where the fault is or make the jumper connection a permanent wire!

Sorry, can't help you with that. Maybe someone else can.

Nigel

Oct 11, 2018
Hi all.
Just to pick up on this can I ask a question please? I had the same problem and it only turned out to be the fuse (no 1 under bonnet box BTW). But the odd thing for me that doesnt seem right is that when the fuse is removed there is still power to the red/yellow wire to the master wiper motor. Also there is still power with ignition off and key away from car.
Is this correct or is something wrong?
Thanks in advance
Nigel

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise