obd bluetooth

shmootball

I've just ordered the wifi elm327 that i'm going to try and use with the Rev2 app with an iPhone 4s. Using it on a 2005 LCR. will keep my progress posted!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
My main problem with the wifi one previously was having to use the phone in airplane mode to keep a reliable connection.

Not necessarily an issue now as I don't want it for anything but track use :) - beware though.

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
Iv just got this when setting up what do I enter for psi?? 0 or 14.7 or -14.7.. and to get bhp what gear do I do the run in as I got 370bhp lol

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
Were you in a low gear by any chance? Power runs are normally done in the gear closest to a 1:1 ratio - not sure what the gear ratios are on the Seats but on my S13 4th gear is a 1:1 ratio, I'd imagine most cars have a similar ratio on 4th gear.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
Were you in a low gear by any chance? Power runs are normally done in the gear closest to a 1:1 ratio - not sure what the gear ratios are on the Seats but on my S13 4th gear is a 1:1 ratio, I'd imagine most cars have a similar ratio on 4th gear.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
mine was in 3rd i know mine is 300bhp soo.... dno what iv done wrong

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
Give it another go that track rexorder plugin is ace! If you havnt tried it id reccomend!

slogstorm

Nov 6, 2013
Harstad, Norway
I have both bluetooth ELM and now waiting for a VAGCOM cable i ordered from dx.com .. A friend of mine has the vagcom cable i ordered and it has saved him from big bills. I've heard the bluetooth interface doesn't read ALL the codes. And with the cable (and software) you can do loads of stuff with your car :)

slogstorm

Nov 6, 2013
Harstad, Norway
I have both bluetooth ELM and now waiting for a VAGCOM cable i ordered from dx.com .. A friend of mine has the vagcom cable i ordered and it has saved him from big bills. I've heard the bluetooth interface doesn't read ALL the codes. And with the cable (and software) you can do loads of stuff with your car :)

Edit: The software CD comes with the cable, and can be downloaded from their website wich is handy..

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Iv just got this when setting up what do I enter for psi?? 0 or 14.7 or -14.7.. and to get bhp what gear do I do the run in as I got 370bhp lol

Do it in 4th and take the reading with a pinch of salt. As said above, on these cars 4th is the closest ratio to 1:1. Make sure you input the weight as accurately as you can because this is used in the app's calculations. I've tried setting that value to 0 and + or - 14.7 but couldn't see that it made any difference. End of the day, it's never going to be as accurate as an engine dyno or even a roller dyno so don't expect miracles.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members