Obd read

Samuel bristow

Jul 10, 2018
Hey guys need some advice is there a Bluetooth device that I can connect to my obd port to get real time statistics on my phone while driving such as horsepower readings and boost pressure? I know I can install a boost gauge but I’m looking at obd readers for a wider range of data while driving?

Deleted member 103408

check out the torque pro app thread cant tell you what it supports on the mk2 but I use it on my mk3 and @Gokiwi64 uses it on his MK1

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I use torque pro. It will show all kinds of useful stuff like battery voltages, intake temperatures, etc. But the only way to get a truly accurate HP reading is on a dyno. The ECU itself doesn't know how much HP it has, it's just a calculation based on car weight, torque, etc. Most people just take MAF reading and divide by 0.8. But again, that's not accurate and mine has never matched the dyno at any stage.

It'll also do boost pressure. But what the ECU thinks is boost pressure. If you have eg a leak the ECU doesn't know about, it'll just show everything is fine. The only true way to monitor boost it to tap a pipe. But it's good for checking DTC codes, electrics and temperatures.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Yeah none of them are good for horsepower , but most every thing else as mentioned and if you want to add customizations check out Carista.

Deleted member 103408

Or OBD11 Or VCDS for access to your cars control units so you can re-configure them

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
I’m using Carista and OBD Fusion as to monitor MPG, Boost, Speed. Carista has the added benefit of some customisation, for example daytime running lights and car beep on lock/unlock.

Comes to about £26 when you factor in the dongle and cost of app.

Well worth it for me though, I like to know what’s going on under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.