OBD11 Port

MikeA

MAF Destroyer
Nov 14, 2005
Northants
I understand that PIN 16 is the +12v live for the diag port. Does anyone know if there is a fuse for this power supply as it seems its not live. Or is there a way to turn it on?

I am trying to get the fault codes read by a mechanic but his diag machine wont work - the error is "No power from port - Check fuse".

Anyone else had this problem before or does it just sound like his diag hardware isnt working properly or isnt compatible etc?

Cheers for any help

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
5 (ground), 7 (K-line), 15 (L-line), and 16 (+12v).

obd2.gif

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think there are a couple of OBD-II standards & VW don't conform to the normal

So it's probably a flaw with the guys equipment.

If the cars mobile, and local - I can scan it on vag-com

MikeA

MAF Destroyer
Nov 14, 2005
Northants
m0rk said:
I think there are a couple of OBD-II standards & VW don't conform to the normal

So it's probably a flaw with the guys equipment.

If the cars mobile, and local - I can scan it on vag-com

Its mobile yeah, its running ok as far as I can tell but the EML is on. I might take you up on that offer m0rk. I work at Moulton Park so I'm about most days.

MikeA

MAF Destroyer
Nov 14, 2005
Northants
Update on this:

It seems that Pin 1 is my 12v Live on my vehicle. Does anyone know if there was ever a time when pin 1 should be the live or does it sound like someone has altered the pins about?

It looks like the socket comes out so I will try and inspect behind it when I get the chance, but if anyone can help that would be great.

Mike

Jun 28, 2001
on the mk 3 beliebe it or not its the radio which causes the proble pull out the radio fuse then try had it so many time before

MikeA

MAF Destroyer
Nov 14, 2005
Northants
Cheers mate, I'll have a go at that. How would the radio/cd-player fuse affect the diag port though?

Cheers

MikeA

MAF Destroyer
Nov 14, 2005
Northants
I have just taken the fuse panel & Diag sock out and had a look at it from behind.

There are 3 wires in total connected, Pin 1, 10 & 13

I have tried to take out the Radio fuse but this didnt make a differece - There isnt a wire going to pin 16 so that will never get a 12v supply. Is there an adaptor I need at all?

Cheers for the help guys

MikeA

MAF Destroyer
Nov 14, 2005
Northants
m0rk said:
I wouldn't do that Andy.

Offer is still there if you can get the car to me?

Ok I have it booked in at Hi-Tech in kettering who are very good at anything electrical, if they have no joy then i'll definately take up your offer M0rk :) I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers.

MikeA

MAF Destroyer
Nov 14, 2005
Northants
Ok here what I found out:

The garage used a VW Diag reader and it came up with 2 faults

1. Running Lean
2. K8 Relay fault

No other numbers or codes with it so really doesnt tell me enough! But at least I know the diag port works!

M0rk if your still up for trying VagCom on it then I would be grateful :) Let me know when your free and where I need to go and i'll try and get over to you.

Cheers, Mike