OBDeleven modifications

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Are you pressing the unlock button or the tailgate release button ?
The unlock button if held will unlock doors, unfold mirrors, open windows and sunroof.
The lock button if held will do the opposite and close the above.

Well what a doughnut i am, was pressing the wrong button.
Now it pops and but stays shut.
I will get the struts sorted now.
Cheers.

Rob G

Apr 13, 2018
Quick question regarding obdeleven (standard version). I have just ordered a dongle and downloaded the app to have a look through before hand.
Looking at the 'XDS Interaction' app, I assume on the Cupra this will adjust the VAQ diff in place of the XDS? Is there a guide as to which level is equivalent to standard comfort/cupra etc settings? Also does the mod work across all drive profiles or only the one selected when performing it?
Been researching into this a little more over the weekend. As far as I can tell, the VAQ setting is not adjusted with OBDeleven (only the XDS).
One article I read on a US forum was saying you are better off actually turning down the XDS to allow the diff to do its thing. Does anyone on here have any experience/guidance on this?
Best article on this subject i have read is here https://drivetribe.com/p/performance-vcds-tweaks-Dky7b-PTQpqIwVFrasMoeA?iid=YxJkYp4CRd6ihNdxjEG6fQ

I have done both and for fast road use have noticed difference and very happy with the tweaks.

There is also some mention of straight ahead breaking issues but as of yet I have not disabled this.

I have not yet been on the track (going to have a go at the National Meet if i get time) to see if turning the stuff off is better or not.

Thanks! So effectively long coding is needed to adjust the diff (i'm currently only using the basic free version of the app)?

Deleted member 103408

Been researching into this a little more over the weekend. As far as I can tell, the VAQ setting is not adjusted with OBDeleven (only the XDS).
One article I read on a US forum was saying you are better off actually turning down the XDS to allow the diff to do its thing. Does anyone on here have any experience/guidance on this?

Thanks! So effectively long coding is needed to adjust the diff (i'm currently only using the basic free version of the app)?

Sorry I am a pro user so not fully aware what you can do on the basic one.
I think I have seen that you can Pay to use coding facility, if you are going to the National Meet on the 8th July I will have my dongle with me so can make changes for you if that helps.

Reactions: Rob G

Rob G

Apr 13, 2018
Sorry I am a pro user so not fully aware what you can do on the basic one.
I think I have seen that you can Pay to use coding facility, if you are going to the National Meet on the 8th July I will have my dongle with me so can make changes for you if that helps.
I'm not coming in July unfortunately, thanks for the offer though! It's around £20 to upgrade to pro, so I may do this later in the year to get access to the full coding rather than just the pre-installed apps.

Deleted member 103408

check out obd11 facebook page if you are into it, i understand they have been offering a discount code.

The other thing to do is give a shout out to anybody in your area with pro access or vcds that can make the change for beer tokens.

Reactions: Rob G

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Was playing with Carista yesterday and noticed you can change the start up display for the information unit and the screen between the dials.

There's about 10 options in there, any one know what they are? To be honest I couldn't be bothered going through them and wasn't sure if it was just the image that changed. Mine starts with seat FR logo on the unit and picture of the car with relevant doors open in the dials.

Deleted member 103408

Sorry this is an OBD11 Thread not Carista so don't know

BenJacko

Mar 3, 2018
I know you do it that way but is there a way to program for ODB11 to do it without having to buy the sensor?

Deleted member 103408

I would presume though that since it's an option on carista it would also be on obdeleven

Indeed but the way carista is setup is very different to obd11 (which is much closer to VCDS) in that we see the actual control units and all the fields and the various values for each field. From what I have seen Carista just gives you a bunch of options and you select the one you want but do not see the underlying code base.

On my pre face leon you can code Carbon startup and usage on both screens, Different Logo's when you turn it on (FR CURPA Etc) you can also change the car that appears in the Settings menu subject to what is stored in the firmware (on my car its 3 door, 5 door or ST) and it is also possible to upload a custom logo sorry i cant be more helpful but hopefully somebody else can

Deleted member 103408

I know you do it that way but is there a way to program for ODB11 to do it without having to buy the sensor?

OK All I have is pre facelift coding

Activate Coming Home without light rain sensor or
If you do not have rain sensor you can also activate the Coming Home with this modification.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Lighting comfort
4 - Sub - Coming Home Verbaustatus
5 - Change value to Automatic
6 - Sub - Menueeinstellung cominghome
7 - Change default value 20.Por 10 s
8 - Sub - Coming home Einschaltereignis
9 - Change value to Driver door
10 - Sub - Menuesteuerung coming home Werkseinstellung
11 - Change value to On
12 - Sub - Coming home leuchteng
13 - Change value Low beam

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Indeed but the way carista is setup is very different to obd11 (which is much closer to VCDS) in that we see the actual control units and all the fields and the various values for each field. From what I have seen Carista just gives you a bunch of options and you select the one you want but do not see the underlying code base.

On my pre face leon you can code Carbon startup and usage on both screens, Different Logo's when you turn it on (FR CURPA Etc) you can also change the car that appears in the Settings menu subject to what is stored in the firmware (on my car its 3 door, 5 door or ST) and it is also possible to upload a custom logo sorry i cant be more helpful but hopefully somebody else can

Yeah carista is exactly that, it just give you options to click on. Guess you would describe it as the beginners or easy app.

You have been helpful, the 10. Options are probably what you said, different logo and choise of car. Makes sense that all units would be loaded with bulk logos and car images rather than Seat specially loading only the relevant ones to each model.

Probably lets me an have Exco car and Cupra logo on startup for example.

BenJacko

Mar 3, 2018
OK All I have is pre facelift coding

Activate Coming Home without light rain sensor or
If you do not have rain sensor you can also activate the Coming Home with this modification.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Lighting comfort
4 - Sub - Coming Home Verbaustatus
5 - Change value to Automatic
6 - Sub - Menueeinstellung cominghome
7 - Change default value 20.Por 10 s
8 - Sub - Coming home Einschaltereignis
9 - Change value to Driver door
10 - Sub - Menuesteuerung coming home Werkseinstellung
11 - Change value to On
12 - Sub - Coming home leuchteng
13 - Change value Low beam