Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

OBDeleven modifications

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by bretth1974, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad Full Member

I think after I've done one I'll understand but I don't even know what the module is?

2. Maypack

Maypack Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage

What coding you wanting to try?

3. theoldboy

theoldboy The Beast from the East

4. Lancashire Lad

I had a quick watch and I've successfully managed one click mirrors and carbon background for FIS and the infotainment thanks

So to recap I've done:
    1 click mirrors
    Carbon backgrounds
    Lock chirp
    Needle sweep
    Lap time
    Refuel amount
    Driving school

Not sure what else I can do

#1324 Lancashire Lad, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    theoldboy and Bedlam like this.
  5. rrafael90

rrafael90 Full Member

Hello.
    If you have factory warranty, make these changes, will not affect it? I ask this because I read in an Audi forum that the owner changed some things on his A4 and the dealer canceled his warranty by connecting another computer / device (other than theirs) in the car's central station.

6. Lancashire Lad

Warranty ran out a couple of months ago

7. rrafael90

rrafael90 Full Member

Ah ok.
    In my case, I have to wait a few years.
    My 2017 Leon has warranty until 2021. 4 years warranty is good for one side, but bad for the other

8. theoldboy

Warranty is a very grey area. My personal understanding (and i am well out of warranty) is that if you wanted to buy an extended warranty they may refuse if they see you have modified the car. With regards to making a warranty claim if you are claiming for a new rear light (because its cracked) or a new gearbox because its broken they would find it very very difficult to claim you had caused that using one of these tools.

However if you changes the dashboard settings and it failed they may (and what i have seen its only when people tell them they used VCDS/OBD11/CARISTA) refuse this work. I also see much more feedback on these issue in the USA vs Europe (not to say it does not happen but a lot less noise about it)

TheSwede and rrafael90 like this.
  9. TheSwede

TheSwede Full Member

I would be astonished if anyone at the dealer will ask..... I have changed settings with vcds on the last five new VAG cars we have bought. There heave been some warranty matters. No one have mentioned anything about my own “change of settings”.

However if you end up with problem caused by you change, that will be a different situation.

/Peter

rrafael90 and theoldboy like this.
  10. rrafael90

rrafael90 Full Member

I have the same opinion!
    are always trying to escape with responsibility in case they have to replace any component, especially if it is expensive. You have to always make "noise" to get them to replace what is necessary.
    I did not buy warranty extension. Here in Portugal, I think that all deallers offer 4 years warranty on certain models (my mother has a Ibiza FR from 2016 and also has a 4 years warranty) I bought mine and also have the same 4 years. Both without any additional cost.

11. rrafael90

rrafael90 Full Member

I just do not risk it because some of the changes I like to make will be very visible (for example, changing the background of the on-board computer), so do not risk
    do them so that they have no possibility to complain and say that I have been changing things.

12. theoldboy

Have a read through the various forums there is loads of stuff you can do.
    If you find VCDS Coding you can convert that very easily as well.

13. theoldboy

Better safe that sorry understand that but Just revert them when you take the car in. Thats the joy of these tools.

14. kiddo

kiddo ST Cupra

Other things you could try are tear drop wipe, increase lane change blinker count (or whatever its called ha), change throttle response, remove door open alarm and add drl settings to menu to name a few I have done. Also used obdeleven to help update infotainment software to run later tile version rather than carousel but not sure if that's something your interested in / need as unsure on model of Infotainment you have. Heres a link to obdeleven forum thread which lists coding available http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations

You're not far from me so if you need any help maybe we can meet and I can assist ;)

#1334 kiddo, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  15. rrafael90

rrafael90 Full Member

My main problem is if the on-board computer creates some type of log from connecting a device and they then will see it and cancel my warranty. It's more because of that, I don’t make any changes, if not, there were some more discrete ones I would risk doing.

theoldboy likes this.
  16. Lancashire Lad

Some of the things like 5 blinks and teardrop are already active on my. I didn't do them.
    Can my infotainment be changed I think its mib1?

17. kiddo

kiddo ST Cupra

Not sure if you can update software on mib1. Mines a mib2

18. theoldboy

Anybody with a Vitual Dash tried the following

Dashboard 17
    Adaptation
    Speedometer maximum value

Somebody on the OBD11 Forum asked to increase the displayed max speed and the above was the solution.

19. Skipp

Skipp Full Member

I just got my obdeleven yesterday and I enabled the needlesweep but it doesn't seem to work every time. for example - i unlock the car, get in, put the key into ignition and i get a regular "check". i then take out the key, wait 5 sec, turn the key again and THEN it works. any ideas?

Edit: Looks like it never does the sweep on cold start. Which is ironic since that's the time you actually want it to do it. If i remove the key from the ignition, wait 5 sec and turn it on - it will do the sweep in 100% of tries. Is there any secondary feature that needs to be enabled?

#1339 Skipp, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  20. g_berserk

g_berserk Smartass in training

You have a very short time from the moment you put the key in the ignition, to when you crank it for the needle sweep to do it's magic. Probably around 5 seconds, if you take longer than that it won't do the sweep.

But f you take the key out and put it in again and crank it it will work.
    Don't ask me why is it like that