Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

OBDeleven modifications

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by bretth1974, Sep 10, 2016.

1. theoldboy

theoldboy Senior Member

@Skipp as @g_berserk says this is how it is, many people have complained about this working and not working its just have VW have coded it I am afraid nothing has been found to make it better.

2. Skipp

Skipp Full Member

I tried various combinations and if the infotainment is shut down before turning off the car it mostly does the sweep after. But not always.

I tried entering the car immediately after unlocking it, i tried waiting longer and i just can't get any patterns to repeat. It's just completely random for me.

Kinda disappointing

3. Vikingboo

Vikingboo Full Member

Hi everyone am abit clueless to this coding thing I was wondering what can you do with the OBDeleven with the credits ie the easy way land sorry if it’s already been asked as am looking at buying one

4. theoldboy

theoldboy Senior Member

@Vikingboo if you dont want to learn coding (and it is very very easy) then you will be better off with Carista.

In terms of what apps they give you download the software from google play and add a new car (you will have to provide a VIN number and you will see all the apps that are there for that car range

5. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad Full Member

Hi all, I had another dabble with the obdeleven and activated a few more apps, but I clicked on some that refused to work with the following message Screenshot_20181219-082121.jpg

6. Copra68

Copra68 Full Member

Some of them don't work on all cars, sometimes because your car isn't fitted with the necessary hardware to turn a feature on. For example you can turn sign recognition on but your car doesn't have the camera to read the signs.

7. Lancashire Lad

That would make sense for some of them, but my car is the FR 184, but I can't select the actuator one either?

8. kiddo

kiddo ST Cupra

Im not sure diesels come with sound actuators... they're loud enough already :cheeky:

9. theoldboy

theoldboy Senior Member

If you check in your control units look for
    Control unit: A9 Actuator For Structure-Borne Sound

If you dont have it thats why the app dont work, if you do then you can adjust or turn it off yourself.

10. Lancashire Lad

Mine does sound good, not had the window open yet though. My mk1 had a really loud turbo and every time it was spooling up I thought the emergency services where near lol

kiddo likes this.
  11. Lancashire Lad

I'll have a look later. Cheers

12. Copra68

Copra68 Full Member

Mine never had a sound actuator fitted.

13. Lancashire Lad

Well I won't complain if mine hasn't, I like the engine growl when you boot it

14. cupra300uk

cupra300uk Full Member

Do you have to pay for anything with Carista?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. LeonST150FR

LeonST150FR Full Member

No. Ask them to activate the Beta version and you get a one month free subscription. Do the mods within a month and you won't be charged for anything other than the £10.99 to buy the device itself.

cupra300uk likes this.
  16. Ninja10R

Ninja10R Full Member

Hello to everyone

Not new to seatcupra.net, new to the Leon Mk3 section, used to own a 2011 Ibiza FR 1.4 TSi that got stolen last November. Anyway, i got a used 2014 Leon FR 2.0 TDi 184 to replace the stolen Ibiza and last Friday i got OBD11 Pro delivered to me.

I got the needle sweep thing working and i tried to alter the flashes on changing lanes to 5, but no luck at this. Although i tried to reset lights to factory settings through the sound system, no luck (the previous owner had installed an Android double din that has access to car settings). Any ideas ?

17. Callum Roberts

Callum Roberts Full Member

Will using this void warranty? Also should you be telling your insurance about any changes made?Sorry about the simple questions, I'm new to this.

18. kiddo

kiddo ST Cupra

If I disable start stop using the app will I get a start stop error every time I bring the car to a stop? I want to disable permanently but my OCD couldn't handle a dash warning every time the car came to a standstill :)

19. theoldboy

theoldboy Senior Member

No warning as far as I am aware, all you are doing with the changes is updating the parameters so they are never met and therefore stop start is not applied.

In any event if you do apply it and you got the error just revert thats the best bit of this stuff

#1359 theoldboy, Jan 12, 2019 at 9:56 AM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 10:12 AM
    kiddo likes this.
  20. Maypack

Maypack Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage

We still need to understand the Stop/Start setup on the Cupra R. That’s the way I want mine set up. That is normally OFF until you press the Button and it activates it.