OBDeleven modifications

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
Disable ESP and ASR
With this modification permanently deactivate the ESP. I do not recommend it, I do not like.

1 - Module 03 - Electronic brake. Code (40168/20103)
2 - Basic Settings
3 - Select - Deactivation ESP and ASR
4 - Select one of the two options:
- Not enabled (default)
- Activated

Cant recall if I tried this or not as on one of them you get error messages because you have disabled it.
But based on the coding and the description you have turned it off, if you want it back on I suspect you have to do the code in reverse.

This one from memory gives you extra menu options but I seem to recall that different cars got different options but it was a very long time ago so I may be wrong.

ESP multimode
Applying this modification can have multiple ESP and ASR options depending on how we program.
1 - Module 03 - Electronic brake. Code (40168/20103)
2 - Extended Coding (byte mode)
3 - Byte 29
4 - Bits 0.1 and 2 Activated shows: Activated - ASR disabled - ESP off.
5 - Bit 1 Enabled shows: Activated - ASR deactivated
5 - Bit 2 On shows: Activated - ESC disabled
6 - Bits 1 and 2 shows Activated: Activated - Sport ESC - ESC disabled
7 - Bits 0 and 3 On displays: - On - ASR disabled - ESC Sport.

Lastly this coding is for the pre facelift cars so I dont know if it works on Facelift ones.
Yes they are the ones I was discussing. Well based on your response the second code "multimode" sounds better. I have prefacelift, anyone else removed esp, in part or whole. Just trying to get rid of the car cutting power when driving. Not great roads over here and can do it alot

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
With ESP fully off, you can stay in the same place with your foot flat on the gas spinning wheels and it won't interfere.
There are still a few "guardian angels" that on the road are ok, but on the track annoy me a bit: XDS settings and the driving ahead (straight ahead stability?) Settings.
XDS can be felt on a FWD car, even with ESP fully disengaged, specially when cornering on the limit.
It slightly unsettles the car, IMHO.

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
Ah... There are 3 states available through the button, that vary from car to car and can be configured in OBDeleven. This is how it behaves from factory on my particular Cupra:
- Default (everything on)
- Short Tap the button = ESC sport +
From that state, you can only return to Default/Enabled
- from Default, Long press the ESC button and only release when it says "ESC off".
In this state, most (but not all) electronic gymics are turned of.

Some cars come configured by default as On > ASR off > ESC sport

With OBDeleven, the only thing you can configure is what mode happens on a short press and on a long press.

Hope this answers your question?
Okay brilliant thanks buddy. I will try long press, do t think I've done that yet.

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
With ESP fully off, you can stay in the same place with your foot flat on the gas spinning wheels and it won't interfere.
There are still a few "guardian angels" that on the road are ok, but on the track annoy me a bit: XDS settings and the driving ahead (straight ahead stability?) Settings.
XDS can be felt on a FWD car, even with ESP fully disengaged, specially when cornering on the limit.
It slightly unsettles the car, IMHO.
This is exactly my issue about unsettling the car. It just makes it a little less predictable. I will have a play with these modes, I'm still getting used to the car and have a dogbone mount to fit. So I'm sure it will be good

Deleted member 103408

Just to add to @jacko2k comment, from the testing that others have done you cant actually 100% turn off all the nannies (which is probably good).

With regards to Torque Limiter you can remove that function permanantly (it only stops wheel spin in First, Second and Third) but you will need the dogbone mount fitted.

XDS again you can adjust yourself outside of the other settings Check out the coding it does give some advise on what you should do.

Also have a look at the LSD Coding, I personally found this made a big difference to the way the car handled.

Reactions: Jordan Neill

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Looking for some help please...

Bought an OBD11 about 6 weeks ago, and initially used it with success.

I switched the rear DRLs on and turned down the sound actuator via the app! Happy days.

Just tried using it again tonight for the following:

Lock/Unlock confirmation
Comfort Turn signals to 5
XDS setting to strong

Used the app for the above and was given the confirmation that all 3 were successfully done. However upon locking the car, there were no noise and comfort signals were still set to 3. Cant comment on the XDS yet!

Anyone else had any problems with these options in the apps?? Or anyone with a suggestion how to resolve?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

I switched the rear DRLs on and turned down the sound actuator via the app! Happy days.

Lock/Unlock confirmation
XDS setting to strong

Used the app for the above and was given the confirmation that all 3 were successfully done. However upon locking the car, there were no noise and comfort signals were still set to 3. Cant comment on the XDS yet!

Anyone else had any problems with these options in the apps?? Or anyone with a suggestion how to resolve?

Thanks

There's that many variations in coding and specs of cars some of the apps aren't going to work for everyone. The first 2 you mention I've tried before on a previous car and also didn't work.

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol

Lock/Unlock confirmation
XDS setting to strong

Thanks

I don't get the lock/unlock confirmation chirp either. That using the app on my 18 plate 300 ST 4D. Although on occasions it has made a very quiet chirp on locking.

Deleted member 103408

On the newer cars the process works but the sound is very very small and this is a know issues.

However both lights and sound on older cars required factory reset on your radio
Go to Car Settings, schroll to bottom and do a factory reset

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for the replies.

Yes I reset the infotainment system a couple of times.

Thanks for the help

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
On the newer cars the process works but the sound is very very small and this is a know issues.

However both lights and sound on older cars required factory reset on your radio
Go to Car Settings, schroll to bottom and do a factory reset

Awesome! Thanks @theoldboy That worked a treat. Those changes now work!

Deleted member 103408

Dont know but i have raised the issue with the Dev team and will let you know if they come back.

I have also asked them to confirm if they will do a p/x offer for those with android dongles to swap to IOS one - I suspect the answer is no but have asked.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Dont know but i have raised the issue with the Dev team and will let you know if they come back.

I have also asked them to confirm if they will do a p/x offer for those with android dongles to swap to IOS one - I suspect the answer is no but have asked.

Keep me informed please @theoldboy as I’m keen to get the iOS version. If it means another purchase so be it. Nice to see it moving along. I’ve also noticed that it will cover BMW too.

Deleted member 103408

The current Beta should cover any car that has an obd11 port for reading of error messages, not sure about coding on BMW's I know it was asked for but have not seen it confirmed yet. Does that mean you are getting a BMW ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise