OBDeleven modifications

Deleted member 103408

Doesn't seem to offer anything more than iOS support and looking better.

Time will tell but in theory the Bluetooth interface is better and "FASTER" but that is all hype right now until people get there hands on it.
They are also building BMW Support along with full PRO features for IOS but again all hype right now until people get there hands on it.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I asked them for Porsche support ages ago but the communication between ECU and OBD is different with Porsche than the rest of the VWG.

Deleted member 103408

Yes and I suspect they dont see enough new customers buying the kit, where as BMW there is a larger pool of people and therefore more money.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh I was hoping they would see the light, there is no mobile Porsche app at the moment, closest is Piwis 2 which is like VCDS but costs like £1k

Feb 21, 2019
Hi All, I got my OBDeleven today and thanks to this forum, I was able to start coding right away!

I started off with a backup of all modules and have enabled Traffic Sign Recognition, One Click Mirror Fold, Refuel Quantity and Rear DRLs.

Everything is working well, but I'm now seeing some errors when I scan the car, which I think is related to the Traffic Sign Recognition.

A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
B163002 - predictive route data Signal error
Intermittent

Has anyone else come across this error and any ideas how to resolve?

Many Thanks.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Hi All, I got my OBDeleven today and thanks to this forum, I was able to start coding right away!

I started off with a backup of all modules and have enabled Traffic Sign Recognition, One Click Mirror Fold, Refuel Quantity and Rear DRLs.

Everything is working well, but I'm now seeing some errors when I scan the car, which I think is related to the Traffic Sign Recognition.

A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
B163002 - predictive route data Signal error
Intermittent

Has anyone else come across this error and any ideas how to resolve?

Many Thanks.

The traffic sign recognition actually works? Your car must have the appropriate cameras to detect the signs, if not that's why you're getting errors.

Feb 21, 2019
The traffic sign recognition actually works? Your car must have the appropriate cameras to detect the signs, if not that's why you're getting errors.

Yes it seems to be working fine. The car has the lane assist camera fitted. I have also driven through some roadworks today, and noticed the camera had picked up the temporary speed limit signs, which seems promising :)

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Yes it seems to be working fine. The car has the lane assist camera fitted. I have also driven through some roadworks today, and noticed the camera had picked up the temporary speed limit signs, which seems promising :)
Nice to see someone else from this neck of the woods!

I'm wondering if the camera is calibrated differently if it needs to be used for seeing traffic signs, and not just lane markings which are lower down. Might be worth asking Duff Morgans to see if there's any difference.

Feb 21, 2019
Nice to see someone else from this neck of the woods!

I'm wondering if the camera is calibrated differently if it needs to be used for seeing traffic signs, and not just lane markings which are lower down. Might be worth asking Duff Morgans to see if there's any difference.

Hi, it looks like there are a few Norwich based owners on here. I've only had the car 2 months but absolutely loving it!

I have been googling for hours trying to find something on this issue and found this audi technical bulletin;

NHTSA ID: 10127942
TSB ID: A911739 2047112-
Predictive route data fault (DTC B163002) stored in the MIB Main Unit - A4/A5/ Q5/Q7.
This informational bulletin is for a sporadic dtc that does not cause functional issues in the vehicle.

Does anyone have access to these to see whether there was a fix? or is it a trip to the dealers...

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Hi, it looks like there are a few Norwich based owners on here. I've only had the car 2 months but absolutely loving it!

I have been googling for hours trying to find something on this issue and found this audi technical bulletin;

NHTSA ID: 10127942
TSB ID: A911739 2047112-
Predictive route data fault (DTC B163002) stored in the MIB Main Unit - A4/A5/ Q5/Q7.
This informational bulletin is for a sporadic dtc that does not cause functional issues in the vehicle.

Does anyone have access to these to see whether there was a fix? or is it a trip to the dealers...
Have you seen post #1118 on this thread (page 56) by Requin? He had exactly the same issue.

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
I've just done my first OBD11 scan after doing a few bits with Cirista and one of the fault codes is U112100 - Databus missing message in the Air Conditioning module. Any ideas what this relates to? I haven't changed anything to do with Air Con, just gauge needle sweep, refuel quantity, carbon background etc.

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
Does anyone know if a similar device to OBDeleven exists for a BMW MINI F60?
I bought my OBDeleven about three years ago, but am selling my Leon and moving to a MINI Countryman PHEV and would love to be able to make coding adjustments like we can on VAG cars.
I would have preferred to have stayed loyal to VAG but need something a little taller and a hybrid, the Golf & Passat GTE are too small for easy access.

Deleted member 103408

For those thinking of the new OBD11 IOS Dongle don't get excited.

After multiple failures with there web site today it is now clear that you can pre order today but it wont be available till 17th June but with limited functionality, Pro Version wont be ready till Q3, if you have a pro license already then dongle cost is £61.12 and the next car car maker to be developed will be BMW But its not clear if that included Mini.

Reactions: Maypack

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Does anyone know if a similar device to OBDeleven exists for a BMW MINI F60?
I bought my OBDeleven about three years ago, but am selling my Leon and moving to a MINI Countryman PHEV and would love to be able to make coding adjustments like we can on VAG cars.
I would have preferred to have stayed loyal to VAG but need something a little taller and a hybrid, the Golf & Passat GTE are too small for easy access.

There's an app/dongle called Carly

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
For those thinking of the new OBD11 IOS Dongle don't get excited.

After multiple failures with there web site today it is now clear that you can pre order today but it wont be available till 17th June but with limited functionality, Pro Version wont be ready till Q3, if you have a pro license already then dongle cost is £61.12 and the next car car maker to be developed will be BMW But its not clear if that included Mini.

Can you clarify your statement? As in... I currently have a pro license for the old dongle. Is it enough to buy the new dongle and the license can be transferred?
Where is that stated?

Deleted member 103408

In simple terms its like changing broadband providers you get a new router.

The new dongle is like a new router but it supports both Android and IOS Phones, The Old dongle continues to work but only supports Android.

Re License there is nothing to transfer, your Pro Account (like mine) is able to be used on any phone / table / car radio with Android etc because you log in via your account. The Dongle is just a communication device (although the new one should be faster)
So yes if you want to use IOS device then just buy the standard device and you are all set to go.

HOWEVER please note that day one IOS Support will be very limited, full Pro Account Features are not going to be ready till Q3 (My guess September) from now till then its very limited support and the new dongle wont ship till 17th June and the Apple Store app wont be online till 17th June and if you dont live in a supported country not sure you can (like with android) download an .apk type solution.

Reactions: Jaco2k

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
At this point my only wonder - since I have 0 needs for iOS - is if the current version of the dongle will also support the upcoming support for other brands or if only the new dongle will work (talking about the BMW thing)