OBDeleven modifications

Deleted member 103408

My personal view is you will need the new dongle for the other brands.

However as its going to take them till Sept (Q3 Being Quoted) to get IOS sorted fully my guess is that's not till next year so dont see any need to rush out and buy one now.

Reactions: Jaco2k

Bruno.73

Apr 28, 2018
Lisburn
Has anyone had issues with the time and date since using obdeleven. My clock says 07:49 then adjusts to the correct time after 30ish seconds, the date is stuck a week behind. I've tried to manually reset then tick GPS, but no joy, any ideas anyone

Deleted member 103408

Never had a problem with the time and used obd11 a lot, what changes did you make before it started and what age is your car.

Bruno.73

Apr 28, 2018
Lisburn
It's a 2014 fr, I did the needle sweep, alarm chirp, scandinavian drls, after that I noticed the time wasn't correct, it does correct its self after 20-30 seconds the date is around a week behind (the same day I did the mods) it still moves daily but when I correct it and re-tick GPS to set it again it keeps reverting back to last week. I know you only see the date when infotainment is off, its doing my head in

Deleted member 103408

No it just syncs Head Unit with other parts of the car, for me it was the only way I could get the door beep to work.

Reactions: Bruno.73

Bruno.73

Apr 28, 2018
Lisburn
I'm kicking myself here, after the factory reset the sat nav no longer works. Its saying no GPS reception has anyone any ideas:cartman:

Deleted member 103408

Sorry am in hospital with limited access. have you tried reboot and or raking car for drive.

lastly try doing another reset

Bruno.73

Apr 28, 2018
Lisburn
Sorry to hear that, I've tried everything rebooting another factory reset and went for a drive. Theres no compas I cant think what it is, I've looked through the forums and cant see anything

Deleted member 103408

does your sat nav work. have you run a scan to see if there are any errors being reported

Bruno.73

Apr 28, 2018
Lisburn
Yes it still works as in shows a map, I've ran a scan and no errors appear the small screen says no gps reception. I did an adaptation today to make the fog lights flash with and turn on with full beam, I copied an earlier post, I'm wondering would that have done it

Deleted member 103408

sorry i will be slow in replying can you post up your change file so we can see what has been changed. you will find it in your history section and can email it to yourself and attach on here

Deleted member 103408

Yes that's it, looks like no coding issues but I will fully check tonight.

One small point I can see you have changed both fog light settings but you only appear to have changed one rear inner indicator set.

Bruno.73

Apr 28, 2018
Lisburn
I'm a total amateur I've no idea what I've done, I don't know what that is I copied some screenshots from earlier in the thread

Deleted member 103408

What you have done is

1/ When you lock the car you now get a confirmaiton
2/ Your Turned Scaninavia DRLS (Eg Rear as well as front) on and then back off again
3/ Turned on Needle Sweep
4/ You have made your Wing Mirrors fold in when you lock and fold out when you unlock with a single press of the key
5/ You have made changes to your front fog lights to do Long flash burst together with the fog lamps, dont have fogs so not tested this personally
6/ You made this change but dont know why
Name: Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9

Values:

Dimmwert AB 16:

Old value: 100

New value: 127

None of these should have any impact on your GPS signal.

So there is a way to check (but cant find the thread) how many GPS Signals you are getting.
My question to you though is does your Sat Nav actaully work eg if you put in a an
address will it show you a route.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
So there is a way to check (but cant find the thread) how many GPS Signals you are getting.
With the sat nav open, press the left sidebar to pop out the split screen. from there you can press on a tab to show you the satellites, similar to below (not my car!).

1fa298fc5ddfcf7aabcee9b760cf64af.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.