OBDeleven modifications

Bruno.73

Apr 28, 2018
Lisburn
I have typed in a route and it has calculated it and shows it on the map, I have also opened the menu and its saying Satellites 0/0

Deleted member 103408

Just to be clear when you did the factory reset you used Car, Settings and factory reset from the menu on the screen is that correct.

I have done hundereds of resets with no issues at all so dont understand what has occured.

I would try the following to see if you get any response.

Control Unit 5F Live Data
Navigation calibration
Navigation corrected position
Angle of turn sensor for navigation

GPS Almanac
GPS position
GPS signal strength
GPS time

Status GPS reception

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3262/control-unit-setup#ixzz5oTG8rypl

there is in Basic Settings a function called Reset navigation calibration but I dont have the knowledge to know what that does so would not touch it unless somebody else knows the answer.

Reactions: Bruno.73

Deleted member 103408

Well thats good and that is the one I have used, just wanted to double check you had not done a basic settings reset (which I dont know what it does).

Can you please try the live data elements under control unit 5F and see if you get anything.

I presume you have a stock MIB1 Radio / Nav unit and not aftermarket one and nothing has been changed with the GPS Ariel.

Deleted member 103408

Connect to the car and go to your control units.

One of them will be labled 5F Information Control Unit

Select that and then Select Live Data

You will then see lots and lots of items just select the ones that I have listed above and see if you get any response.
I am not expecting any but just want to double check.

I have not seen this issue before but will give a shout out on the OBD11 Board to see if anybody has any ideas to help.

Cheers

Bruno.73

Apr 28, 2018
Lisburn
Just to be clear when you did the factory reset you used Car, Settings and factory reset from the menu on the screen is that correct.

I have done hundereds of resets with no issues at all so dont understand what has occured.

I would try the following to see if you get any response.

Control Unit 5F Live Data
Navigation calibration
Navigation corrected position
Angle of turn sensor for navigation

GPS Almanac
GPS position
GPS signal strength
GPS time

Status GPS reception

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3262/control-unit-setup#ixzz5oTG8rypl

there is in Basic Settings a function called Reset navigation calibration but I dont have the knowledge to know what that does so would not touch it unless somebody else knows the answer.
I've done what you suggested navigation calibration etc. Seems to be work alright. Any of the GPS Almanac ect are flashing on and off as in an intermittent signal

Bruno.73

Apr 28, 2018
Lisburn
No I removed the speaker cover and lifted out the antenna checked the connection and placed it back again, no change unfortunately

Deleted member 103408

One other obvious thing to try is run factory reset just for the navi system and do a hard close down of the infotaimnet system.

Then can you please run another full scan and check if any errors are reported.

I will have a look on the web to see if there is anything that can help in the mean time. You have made no changes using OBD11 that have touched the GPS so dont feel its related to that but I will have a look to see if anybody can help.

Bruno.73

Apr 28, 2018
Lisburn
One other obvious thing to try is run factory reset just for the navi system and do a hard close down of the infotaimnet system.

Then can you please run another full scan and check if any errors are reported.

I will have a look on the web to see if there is anything that can help in the mean time. You have made no changes using OBD11 that have touched the GPS so dont feel its related to that but I will have a look to see if anybody can help.
I will try that and see what happens I'm starting to think that it could be the GPS antenna. Thank you for all of your help with this it's much appreciated

Bruno.73

Apr 28, 2018
Lisburn
Took the car the the dealer's the guy said disconnect the battery and leave it for 30mins. It worked a treat!! All good again, thanks so much for all your help:cheers:

Reactions: Walone
May 21, 2019
Hi

Hoping anyone can help

did some coding with the VCDS and unlocked most features, however i just noticed my sat nav screen now shows a Golf and not a Leon anymore !! please help, the optical parking is also showing the VW version and no longer the Seat Leon version

Also since i did the coding straight after my sat Nav said "The navigation data in the SD card are not valid. Please check data"

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

are you using a genuine ross rech cable to make the changes and have you asked on VCDS thread / support forum

There is coding to change the car in long coding from memory.

might help people if you told us what you changed.

May 21, 2019
are you using a genuine ross rech cable to make the changes and have you asked on VCDS thread / support forum

There is coding to change the car in long coding from memory.

might help people if you told us what you changed.
I'm using a Ross Tech cable from ebay,

and the things i was trying to change before the problem occurred was the carbon background on the display, instead of giving a carbon background it gave me a golf and a golf optical parking pilot too