OBDEleven

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
I've been reading posts about the OBDEleven and it seems a brilliant piece of kit.
However, I'm of a certain age (retired) and although I'm reasonably competent with my laptop, tablet and smartphone, I'm slightly nervous about using the OBDEleven. I really don't want to make a total mess of something on my Cupra. Is it possible to make a drastic mistake which can't be easily rectified?

On the OBDEleven website there's a version with easy removal, which just looks like a ring to pull. Is this necessary for a 16 plate Cupra, or will the cheaper version be OK?

Bailer

May 15, 2018
I've been reading posts about the OBDEleven and it seems a brilliant piece of kit.
However, I'm of a certain age (retired) and although I'm reasonably competent with my laptop, tablet and smartphone, I'm slightly nervous about using the OBDEleven. I really don't want to make a total mess of something on my Cupra. Is it possible to make a drastic mistake which can't be easily rectified?

On the OBDEleven website there's a version with easy removal, which just looks like a ring to pull. Is this necessary for a 16 plate Cupra, or will the cheaper version be OK?
There is no need for the ring pull, the OBD adapters are quite easy to remove when not in use, a lot of people seem to leave them connected all the time. The OBDEleven app has the ability to reverse your changes should you do something you are not a fan of or that doesn't work as expected.

Deleted member 103408

For what it is worth I would recommend you buy the Pro Version, that way you have full access to your car and dont have to pay any more.

I have put a few links in my signature for OBD11 Coding so have a look and see if anything you need and shout

Reactions: LouG and Jim45

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
For what it is worth I would recommend you buy the Pro Version, that way you have full access to your car and dont have to pay any more.

I have put a few links in my signature for OBD11 Coding so have a look and see if anything you need and shout

I agree, I have followed ‘theoldboy’s’ advice and as a 73 (in 2 weeks) year old OBD11 Virgin I’m managing quite well having made a number of changes already. I have made the odd error but with a bit of common sense and some great help on here and the terrific OBD11 forum me and my car have survived.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members