OEM Bluetooth Retrofit

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Last edited:

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
i don't think that will work..... it states it works with the white MFD only and as far as i'm aware all leons are fitted with a red MFD.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Can anybody tell me if this VW bluetooth kit is compatiable with the Facelift Leon? I have the standard stereo and not NAV unit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320493737877&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The guy says it comes pre-coded to your car. Does that mean that i wont need to use vagcom?
Also, Does anyone knoiw what the model number of the standard FL Leon stereo is? Doesnt mention it in the manual!!

Thanks.

It will indeed work as you have the latest highline MFD in your FL FR and will work with the standard stereo you have fitted as welll. As the standard stereo and RNS510/310 are just a front end and connect to the various interfaces fitted to your car. We have bluetooth and it is very good indeed!!

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Thanks for the advice guys. Just ordered the unit. Should be a fun install! Should have ordered it in the first place. Oh well.

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
I just installed the kit but there are a few problems. The white FIS display does not work and does not dispaly anything to do with the phone. How do you normally access the phone functions from the car?

The bluetooth functions and i can pair my phone fine. I can hang up a call with the steering wheel phone button but it will not place a call or do anything when i press it other than when a call is in progress which I originally initiate from the phone.

I've got a sneaky feeling that when the guy (in Polannd!!) said he'd code the device that he didn't do it properly! and I dont have a VAG-COM to fix it. :cry:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I just installed the kit but there are a few problems. The white FIS display does not work and does not dispaly anything to do with the phone. How do you normally access the phone functions from the car?

The bluetooth functions and i can pair my phone fine. I can hang up a call with the steering wheel phone button but it will not place a call or do anything when i press it other than when a call is in progress which I originally initiate from the phone.

I've got a sneaky feeling that when the guy (in Polannd!!) said he'd code the device that he didn't do it properly! and I dont have a VAG-COM to fix it. :cry:

It sounds like the bluetooth unit does not have the latest firmware/code that is required for the FL Leon. The FL Leon uses the same firmware/code as the MK 6 Golf as all the electrics are MK 6 Golf now.

The phone functions should come up on the MFD and you can access them from the steering wheel including the phone book.

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
the unit is alledgedy from November 2009 so it should have all the latest firmeware (Software H40 / 0190 - 11 / 2009) and was specifically stated to work with the newer cars with white FIS. So I think it should work. I'm just hoping it's something to do with VAG-COM coding which i know nothing about!!.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
the unit is alledgedy from November 2009 so it should have all the latest firmeware (Software H40 / 0190 - 11 / 2009) and was specifically stated to work with the newer cars with white FIS. So I think it should work. I'm just hoping it's something to do with VAG-COM coding which i know nothing about!!.

Very strange it should indeed work then without an issues may well need VAG-COM for it to be seen by the MFD and multi function steering wheel which like you know very litle about!!! I bet you will find something on the NET as will be the same issue for the Golf.

Does the seller know what will need to be done?????

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Seller hasn't replied yet and i'm not sure he will. Theres a garage local to me with a VAG-COM. Will hopefully get it in there this week and have my pants pulled down for the privelige. Ah well. Godd call with the mk6 golf though. Very little turns up when you search for Leon's so i'll have a look for Golf's instead. Cheers.

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Had a reply from the seller. Apparantly module 77 needs activating on the car and then the display will work. The Bluetooth unit is precoded already.

Jezyg - does the button under the phone button activate voice dialling in your car or does it just pause th stereo like mine?

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Had a reply from the seller. Apparantly module 77 needs activating on the car and then the display will work. The Bluetooth unit is precoded already.

Jezyg - does the button under the phone button activate voice dialling in your car or does it just pause th stereo like mine?

Yep that does sound right from what I have learnt VAG-COM will activate that so the interface is "seen" by the canbus and will talk to each other. As teh MFD seems to be linked to the steering wheel by the same module.

Yes the button activates voice dialling not tried it yet as find the buttons on the steering wheel very slick and easy to use.

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Yep that does sound right from what I have learnt VAG-COM will activate that so the interface is "seen" by the canbus and will talk to each other. As teh MFD seems to be linked to the steering wheel by the same module.

Yes the button activates voice dialling not tried it yet as find the buttons on the steering wheel very slick and easy to use.

Cheers. I may leave that button as the mute then as i seem to use that a fair bit.

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
VAG-COM coding is now done and it works a treat. The only issue i've got is that when I i use voice dialling and say a contacts name it says the address book is empty even though i can see the contacts on the MFD. I wonder if this is an issue with my iphone rather than the car though.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
VAG-COM coding is now done and it works a treat. The only issue i've got is that when I i use voice dialling and say a contacts name it says the address book is empty even though i can see the contacts on the MFD. I wonder if this is an issue with my iphone rather than the car though.

Great news and glad you got it sorted!! As said you need to program the contacts in seperatley not done that myself yet as found the steering wheel controls so easy to use. Great outcome!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.