OEM Diverter Valve Issue

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Ok so just trying to clear something up.
Got a 2008 fr tfsi and waiting for superchips to send me my bluefin map. Am picking up an upgraded OEM dv from audi tomorrow morning and want to get it in asap obviously.
The part ive ordered is the D valve, part no.06H145710D, which is the same part jkm sell i think. But apparently these dont work on the fr tfsi? Ive read that they dont seal right at low revs, so theres a boost leak until around 4k rpm. Anyone fitted one of these to know? The posts ive read that claim this, on the briskoda forum, claim that its actually the G valve thats suited to the tfsi engine, part no.06F145710G? but this is supposedly an older unit, still with a diaphram so it should still be an issue? im confussing myself here, so any help'd be really appreciated

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Hi mate, I have the revision D valve fitted to my Leon Cupra for a week now. I upgraded from the revision C valve because I put Bluefin on my car and had a slight boost leak with the rubber diaphram.

Since fitting it, the boost leak is gone and the car performs much better throughout the rev range. I can confirm the revision D valve is the same as the one JKM sell and it should fit your car (if its a Cupra).

Im not too sure if it will fit an FR 2.0 TFSI.

HTH

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Got a 2008 fr tfsi and waiting for superchips to send me my bluefin map. Am picking up an upgraded OEM dv from audi tomorrow morning and want to get it in asap obviously.
The part ive ordered is the D valve, part no.06H145710D, which is the same part jkm sell i think. But apparently these dont work on the fr tfsi? Ive read that they dont seal right at low revs, so theres a boost leak until around 4k rpm. Anyone fitted one of these to know? The posts ive read that claim this, on the briskoda forum, claim that its actually the G valve thats suited to the tfsi engine, part no.06F145710G? but this is supposedly an older unit, still with a diaphram so it should still be an issue? im confussing myself here, so any help'd be really appreciated

you got a link to it mate on the skoda forums?

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales

I've got one on my FR TFSI which runs REVO Stage 2 with no issues yet, (only fitted it last week though).

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Had the page up last nite on my gf's mac book, came p when i searched for fitting an audi diverter valve on a tfsi, but couldn't find it when i searched for it on my pc. The briskoda page also had a link to an american gti website, which was talkin about 2 different kind of engines on the gti and how one fits with the D valve and one fits with the G valve. not really sure whats goin on, but i got the D valve from audi this mornin so i suppose ill know once i get it fitted- if i can

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire

Have you read the post below posted by Dave who manages Seremotors Parts Dept?

From that I would assume that "D" will be the only part to fit once "G" stocks are exhausted

Also googling 06H145710D pulls up some Golf GTI forums in Europe and USA where most claim boost/lag etc. does not appear to be a problem with the "D"

If you are still concerned why don't you call JKM and ask them?

I had been getting asked about a new modified non-diaphragm type of the Leon Mk2 TFSI diverter valve on the side of the turbo. Well, this valve just got interesting!
The original number is superseded to 06F145710G which I reckoned meant a mod of some sort. Wrong!!!! I found a note saying this is 'run out' stock and when zero, use 06H145710D. I ordered both and it seems this is VAG's way of slipping in the modified one while getting rid of all the old ones . . . . . . . .
06H145710D is the modified unit with a different plunger...............

Last edited:

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
I asked sere about this and he said this unit was for the cupra, and that he knew the cupra was prone to failing but not the fr. I thought it was the other way round. Asked jkm there and they said it's the D valve. i suppose i know they'll be right but just dont want to put it on incase it might not be

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Thanks SERE. Got the part and all. Unfortunately, dont have any axle stands, but my dad and bro are both big into bikes so they've got pretty much all the torque screw and allen key sets + extensions etc i'll need (fingers crossed) to get it swapped out myself once i borrow a set of stands off my dads mate. Just had the car up on the jack there with the wheel and wheel arch cover off so hopefully get it sorted over the weekend. Just waitin for superchips to send my map back now...
Thanks for all the help

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I have a new D valve on my FR TFSI as the old C valve was not holding boost. Been on for 1000 miles. My diaphram was not split but suspect spring on valve was weak and with being mapped this showed it up. Within 1 minute of driving I new it was sorted with the new valve on. What a difference they work well. Kev

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Hi mate, I have the revision D valve fitted to my Leon Cupra for a week now. I upgraded from the revision C valve because I put Bluefin on my car and had a slight boost leak with the rubber diaphram.

Since fitting it, the boost leak is gone and the car performs much better throughout the rev range. I can confirm the revision D valve is the same as the one JKM sell and it should fit your car (if its a Cupra).

Im not too sure if it will fit an FR 2.0 TFSI.

HTH

Hello mate, your siggy suggetst's your running this "D" valve with the Forge spacer, is this true? According to the JKM website it isn't possible, unless Iv'e mis-read it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members