Offical Pics!!

nerayan

Nerayan
Apr 8, 2010
Portsmouth
All I'm saying is that key features still have to be represented in my opinion. Yes tweet the formula bit dont change it all together. Like o said I may change my opinion when I see it in the flesh

Southern Smoke !

NickCupraR

NickIbiza
Mar 2, 2009
Chichester Portsmouth Area
Am I right in reading the most powerful engine will be the 2 litre derv producing 181bhp compared to the petrol producing 178bhp? Impressive 150ps getting 70+ mpg. Interior is nice but as said before looks have gone backwards. No mention of a cupra yet.

In my opinion if you want a 3 door you would get a Ibiza. If you want a 5 door you get a Leon but that might just be me!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
The Leon will come in a 3 door version. Most ppl seem to missing this fact. Seat have deliberately made this 5 door version so they appeal to a wider market. Keep your eyes open for next years showing of the 3 door and estate versions of the Leon.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
The car seems to scream Audi to me in particular the lights

Nothing wrong with that IMO - I see the instrument cluster is straight from the new A3. I think this is great news, the Ibiza has too many SEAT specific parts, which means you can't fit things like an RNS510 because the Ibiza's radio isn't the standard VAG shape, no MFD in the Ibizas either yet the Polo and Fabia get it :(

volts

Sep 1, 2011
Nothing wrong with that IMO - I see the instrument cluster is straight from the new A3. I think this is great news, the Ibiza has too many SEAT specific parts, which means you can't fit things like an RNS510 because the Ibiza's radio isn't the standard VAG shape, no MFD in the Ibizas either yet the Polo and Fabia get it :(

Agree with the Nothing wrong with that comment

MasserS

Apr 13, 2011
North West
Living in hope for the 3-Door version. Dont understand why they're bothering though. The leon had its own part in the market with a 5-Door hatch a bit different, and looked brilliantly sporty because it was only in 5 door.

May redeem itself if the twin turbo rumours are true..

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
As everyone has said, it does look like a big ibiza. New cars look the same now. When you look at a new bmw from the front you cant tell if its a 1,3,5 or 6 series :(

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
Am I right in reading the most powerful engine will be the 2 litre derv producing 181bhp compared to the petrol producing 178bhp? Impressive 150ps getting 70+ mpg. Interior is nice but as said before looks have gone backwards. No mention of a cupra yet.

In my opinion if you want a 3 door you would get a Ibiza. If you want a 5 door you get a Leon but that might just be me!

They will still being doing big powered petrols. One thing that i did read though about the new Golf is that there looking at doing a model above the 180bp derv with a tweaked version of the twin turbo amarok diesel menaing 200bhp and a lot less lag. Would be perfect for a Leon Cupra diesel again.

I kow the amaorak derv is still tuned towards tq but look at the figures and the mapped figures!!

160bhp and 295LFt and maps to 213bhp and 390lbft tued more towards power and it will be a right giggle

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
What have they done ;-(. I wonder what Planet car designers are on, or what are they on...

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I want to see what the aerial on this car looks like too. Nothing on show on any of the pictures. Please let it be a S H A R K fin one.......

Last edited:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I am interested in the comments that it looks too much like a big Ibiza. The family resemblance hasn't really been a problem for the Golf and Polo. Also I remember that when the Mk 2 Leon was introduced there were complaints that it was too MPV-like and looked too much like the Altea and Toledo. I think it was also described as resembling a bread van at one point! If nothing else, at least now they have got rid of the silly, pointless MPV style front quarterlights. A huge improvement. I still like the looks of the new one a lot. Pity I can't afford one.

Last edited:

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
All of us over at focusstoc have been saying how dissapointed in the looks of the mk3 Leon (same with the new focus st). AS many of us including myself have owned a mk2 (my brother owns it now and posts on here). Looks too much like the new astra, too samey as a mazda. Quite pedestrian, not near as much aggression as the mk2 :(

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.