Official: New 2005 Toledo (Production)- your comments go here!

Robby

Oct 7, 2002
Fen said:
SEAT have lost the plot so comprehensively that they wouldn't recognise it if they saw it.

WTF is the "young & sporty" arm of VAG doing churning out mini MPV after mini MPV?

I guess they are working on the basis of their "young and sporty" market growing up eventually and having kids/ requiring something a bit....bigger? :whistle:

Philip Robson

that looks naff, Seat have just zoomed in on the Altea design when its been on the design computer and thought , thats it we can enlarge it and call it the new toledo, more like ToleDDDoooooooooohhhhhhhhh!

Dont get me wrong i like the Altea as it is fresh and makes the Scenic and other MPVish cars look naff but to carry the theme through to another car which is meant to be Seats flagship is just naff.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
that boot is huge though.

only problem I see is that it's a bit Vel Satis - and they sold *that* many of them

http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/img/renault/renault_vel_satis_2001_02_s.jpg
http://renault-tuning.fateback.com/Vel_Satis/Vel_Satis_02.jpg

it's almost the same!
7_001.jpg

toledo03_t.jpg

Last edited:

deezal

Sep 28, 2003
Northern Ireland
Visit site
Philip Robson said:
that looks naff, Seat have just zoomed in on the Altea design when its been on the design computer and thought , thats it we can enlarge it and call it the new toledo, more like ToleDDDoooooooooohhhhhhhhh!
Dont get me wrong i like the Altea as it is fresh and makes the Scenic and other MPVish cars look naff but to carry the theme through to another car which is meant to be Seats flagship is just naff.
Totally agree. I like the Altea too but really stupid to have the Toledo and Leon looking almost identical . Far too upright looking to be called ' sporty' .Dread to think what the next Ibiza will look like :(

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Lookin good

:) Well everyone Ive asked likes the look of it bar the highish roofline (not very sports saloon really!) but then I do like the Vel Satis as well! Equipment and engines are sounding good and it is based on the new Golf with its clever rear suspension so it should ride and handle with style... Not long to wait now :)

KBS

Saw the new shape Toledo so went and brought one of the older shape ones (on a 53 plate) as the new shape is ugly and as some of the posts have said who wants an mpv shape.....

John

Pagnobito

No more LCR
Sep 24, 2002
Almost Maidstone
Visit site
Ive seen one

It was on the back of a transporter with Audi/VW cars on too.

I caught up from behind it on the motorway, thinking it was a black Altea until I was closer. It doesn't look to bad in the flesh, although I couldn't take too close a look without some stuntman type jumping from my car and onto the transporter. Maybe this one is going to be a demo car?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
They have a few down at the training centre in Wymbush, I saw it in the metal for the first time today, sorry guys its ugly, rather Megane like at the rear and that aint good.

dave-v6

INSERT COIN
Apr 22, 2003
The Netherlands
Visit site
The new Toledo has been on sale here for about a month, though I haven't seen any on the road yet.

Went round by the dealers yesterday for a look but I can't say I was impressed. To me the rear end looks vitrually identitcal to a Vel-Satis.

I really don't see the point of this car. What exactly does it 'do' that the Altea doesn't. I can't see it appealing to the traditional saloon car buyers as it is effectively a hatch-back.

Also, where does the new Leon fit into all this? If the Altea is just a Toledo with a 'normal' hatch-back what will the new Leon bring to the model range?

KBS

WHO SAW LAST WEEKS 5TH GEAR the prose the presenter spouted he liked it and the renault style back "oh GOD anther presenter with no sense of style"
and to paraphrase the above

"YUK"

another upright people carrier with bustle

John

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.