Official: New 2005 Toledo (Production)- your comments go here!

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
I saw a new Toledo tonight :blink: err wot happened :confused: it looked like someone had squeezed it in a vice :thumbd: ahh well cant get them right all the time :roflmao: same name totally differant design.Just think if subaru tried that with the imprezza dont think so :( people would go bonkers,so why keep the same name.Wot happenes when they do a new leon :whistle: I wait with baited breath :drool:

Pugwash12

May 16, 2002
Devon
Visit site
Lets see the new Toledo in the metal!

With all the comments about the new Toledo, let us see it first and drive it. I love my old Toledo and I carry full-sized cellos in hard cases in the boot etc etc. At 501 litres it is one of the best boots. The new one obviously has a much wider opening to the boot ( useful for taxi drivers ). Also a massive amount of rear leg room which would be a great improvement. Unfortunately the boot on the new one doesn't exactly improve the looks. A pity about the looks, as the Altea naturally looks better.
Recently I test drove an Alhambra 1.9 diesel 130 bhp. I was most impressed. The only problem is that the engine will be stopped as it is not euro 4 friendly, not like the new 2.0 litre diesel which is friendly to all folks!!
They actually say that the Alhambra is to stop production in about two years.

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
I dont think the new Toledo looks any better or worse than any new car. They all seem to want to look like different sized people carriers. I really hope the new leon isn't just a slightly smaller Toledo/people carrier.

markmck

f!!#*** Computers
Feb 1, 2002
ballymena
Visit site
TimBarratt said:
I dont think the new Toledo looks any better or worse than any new car. They all seem to want to look like different sized people carriers. I really hope the new leon isn't just a slightly smaller Toledo/people carrier.

hope not 'cos that what I thought the Altea was !!

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
markmck said:
hope not 'cos that what I thought the Altea was !!

Except the Altea is no people carrier - check out that sculpted rear seat, especially in the Sport! What it does offer is an uncommon amount of room for four adults and as I think Diesel Car said once, there is no luxury like space. Anyone sat in a Skoda Superb - thats roomy in the back as well! :)

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
hibitdat said:
Except the Altea is no people carrier - check out that sculpted rear seat, especially in the Sport! What it does offer is an uncommon amount of room for four adults and as I think Diesel Car said once, there is no luxury like space. Anyone sat in a Skoda Superb - thats roomy in the back as well! :)

But i dont want space I want a good looking car! I get the feeling I maybe keeping my cupra for a very long time.

Pugwash12

May 16, 2002
Devon
Visit site
I have a suspicion that the new Leon will be best looking. I remember seeing a picture. I don't know if it was the final shape. Altea style, but lower and more sporty looking.
When I was still living in Sidmouth last Summer, SMC Exeter put on a special demonstration of their new cars in West Point showground near Exeter. A wonderful idea and they should be praised for it. I got to drive a 1.9 diesel Altea. I liked it; but there was not much room for the person's shoes in the middle of the sculpted back seat. Too much bulk sticking up in the middle of the floor. I suppose that can't be avoided.
I also got to drive the 1.9 diesel 130 bhp Alhambra and the 130 bhp Toledo.
I really tested the Alhambra and I was amazed. Up the straight that engine kicked me in the backside. It is such a pity the Alhambra's days are numbered.

AndyM

Jul 20, 2003
Germany
www.andym.me.uk
Just seen the new Toledo at an outdoor 'motorshow' in Darmstadt. The thing is pig ugly! :sick:
Just what are Seat (or the bosses up high) thinking, when they copied the VelSatis which sold only 3 cars? :doh:
Seat were kind enough to put the Toledo and Altea next to each other, and I can confirm that they are both 99% identical apart from the Toledo's butt.
Now I hadn't even realised it had been relesed yet, so Seat can't have sold many in mainland Europe yet!
Funny thing is the 'slightly' restyled Leon actually looks rather outdated when placed in a Lineup of beezers, alteas and that new hideous thing.

Oh well, I'm off to buy an Audi.

markmck

f!!#*** Computers
Feb 1, 2002
ballymena
Visit site
AndyM said:
Just seen the new Toledo at an outdoor 'motorshow' in Darmstadt. The thing is pig ugly! :sick:
Just what are Seat (or the bosses up high) thinking, when they copied the VelSatis which sold only 3 cars? :doh:
Seat were kind enough to put the Toledo and Altea next to each other, and I can confirm that they are both 99% identical apart from the Toledo's butt.
Now I hadn't even realised it had been relesed yet, so Seat can't have sold many in mainland Europe yet!
Funny thing is the 'slightly' restyled Leon actually looks rather outdated when placed in a Lineup of beezers, alteas and that new hideous thing.

Oh well, I'm off to buy an Audi.

have to agree on the ugly point

i'll reserve judgement on the new leon until I see it in the flesh

Pugwash12

May 16, 2002
Devon
Visit site
What a shame!! The new Toledo looks horrible. My own Toledo 1999 is a fantastic car and looks so lovely. I know the designers wanted to radically change things; but it looks horribly ugly.

markmck

f!!#*** Computers
Feb 1, 2002
ballymena
Visit site
Pugwash12 said:
What a shame!! The new Toledo looks horrible. My own Toledo 1999 is a fantastic car and looks so lovely. I know the designers wanted to radically change things; but it looks horribly ugly.

so what's the options

A3
Golf
new Leon
Octavia

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
Think the new Toledo looks ugly too! I'm glad I have the old Toledo makes it look great compared to that new piece of fat ugly metal! I'm not sure what my impression will be on the new Leon if it takes on the exterior ugliness....thank heavens only 1.4 and 1.6 L engine of the new Leon come to UK next Spring!

Pugwash12

May 16, 2002
Devon
Visit site
It is a great shame about the new Toledo. I know they couldn't make another one like the Bora and Octavia. I am just sorry about that sticking out boot on the new one. I really think they should have considered the looks a bit more. I still drive the older 1999 1.9 TDiSE. I have now done almost 110,000 miles with it. Such a reliable and good looking car.
I am a big fan of Seat and I have been given excellent service by a "platinum" main dealer here in Dublin. I was thrilled with the marvellous service I got when I lived near Exeter. They were so helpful and friendly in Exeter.
I don't know what I will buy next.

Tavia4x4

Merc Minibus
Mar 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
Really didn't like the Altea when I first saw it, but seeing a few on the roads and in the right colours and I have warmed to it, I think the Toledo will be the same.

QMA

wife got hers today not bad in silver and she paid for it cash shocked me so gona check my bank account