Official SEAT Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSi DSG Shots Released

beport

I don't understand what the problems are with the 1.4 DSG engine. It seems to be winning awards and VAG are clearly putting their money on it.

:confused:

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
The 1.4 twin charged engine and 7 speed DSG-Auto make this car a joy to drive. I have had my Boc now for nearly 3 months and love it. You can become lazy with it, but the efficiency is better than rivals, it's faster than rivals (look at the Boc vs Cooper S vs Clio 200 post) looks great and feels great. Yeah some will want a manual, but I love the fact I can keep my hands on the wheel and concentrate on the driving.

ED

Bocawata

Dec 26, 2009
Cumbria
Hi Ed , I envy you and the fact that you will have run your car "in", I,ve had my Red Boc a fortnight nearly and can,t get out in it because of the weather!!!had three small run,s thats all but like you I have found the DSG so smooth and am looking forward to having the option of going into paddle operated or even into "Sport"mode and giving it wellie!!!!.

Bocawata

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
I don't really use the paddles. I tend to use Sport mode when I want to go, cos I found that the world is going past so fast and the car is so well built, u can't hear the engine well or look down at the rev counter, so I tend to drop into sport for overtaking. There is sufficient poke to move in Drive. The car responds to your throttle anyway. Plus it drinks when you give it some. I've been getting an average of 250/260 miles a tank and thats with mixed driving.

Ur at the oh I didn't know about that phase. Hehe.

What colour and options u got?

ED

Last edited:

beport

Does "Sport" mode mean you are using the paddle changers or is that still automatic?

Bocawata

Dec 26, 2009
Cumbria
Hi Ed, My car was already in the Showroom as a Standard Model Boca in Red ,same as yours!!!.
Looks great but its been in my garage most of the time!!!.When did you start to open it up and go into "Sport" Mode!!
Bocawata

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
I got Bluetooth on mine, just upgraded the brakes too. I opened mine up at about 600 miles on the clock, these cars are run in at the factory, I only gave it a few squirts of throttle. I haven't done a launch in it yet. Make sure the cars warmed up before giving it some.

Sport mode is still auto, the car just revs to the red line before changing and tries to keep in the gear with the most power, response on throttle... are better too. For paddles you have to push the lever towards u when in D, or you can just use them and override the car.

I highly recommend upgrading the brakes, you can get the Seat Sport ones too.

ED Look at the brake upgrade post for info...

Bocawata

Dec 26, 2009
Cumbria
Yes Ed, I,ve been reading the messages about "Brake Upgrades" and it certainly seems a good move to make or to have the car already with the Brake Upgrade when ordering, as mine was already here I will stop as standard at the moment and see how it goes or should I say "How it STOPS!!! "
Bocawata.

WRC555

Feb 18, 2005
Slovenia
www.seat.gostovanje.ws
It's a shame there is no information about the temperature of water or oil...you don't know for sure when it's really warmed up.

Also about the ventilation.You can't do that the air would go in front window and to the legs at the same time. It's not good, especially when it's freezing cold.

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
The 1.4 twin charged engine and 7 speed DSG-Auto make this car a joy to drive. I have had my Boc now for nearly 3 months and love it. You can become lazy with it, but the efficiency is better than rivals, it's faster than rivals (look at the Boc vs Cooper S vs Clio 200 post) looks great and feels great. Yeah some will want a manual, but I love the fact I can keep my hands on the wheel and concentrate on the driving.

ED

Smashed the clio in a straight line lol. 8 secs to 60 in the wet.... think they need to put some proper ****ing tyres on that renault.

beport

It's a shame there is no information about the temperature of water or oil...you don't know for sure when it's really warmed up.

Also about the ventilation.You can't do that the air would go in front window and to the legs at the same time. It's not good, especially when it's freezing cold.

Did you have the option for heated front seats in Slovenia?

beport

Hi Ed, My car was already in the Showroom as a Standard Model Boca in Red ,same as yours!!!.
Looks great but its been in my garage most of the time!!!.When did you start to open it up and go into "Sport" Mode!!
Bocawata

What is the sound system like? Did you get any factory-fitted options with that?

Bocawata

Dec 26, 2009
Cumbria
What is the sound system like? Did you get any factory-fitted options with that?

I got the car as a standard Bocanegra in Metallic Red,looks great.
The sound system is as good as any other car I,ve had and that includes a Seat LeonTDI, Honda Civic Type R, Seat Ibiza Cupra etc; I haven,t really had a long run in it yet due to the weather and salt on the road UGH!!!!!. It attacks all those lovely new bits on the car !!!.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
My Boc is my pride and joy atm.I've already had to get a touch up stick for the front of my car. Bloody M6, some clown in front went over the line and kicked the gravel up. Couple of minute chips, gone now. The P7's are good in the dry, but in the wet all you get is the ESP, if your lucky, on a good boot u can get the ESP all the way into 4th. Love this weather, I'm trying not to give it some, but it's addictived when you've got the power. I think these hot Ibiza's are ace, piss all over the Clio's and 'dated' looking Mini's.

Made my Dad choke earlier when some clown pulled out on me and I threw out the new anchors. Hehe.

ED

luxtitan

Today is the D day

:p
Il get my Boca finaly today.
Still two hours to go, than I'll have it!
I'm so excited
:clap:

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hi luxtitan o bet you so cant wait matey you will not be dissapointed im sure;) all i can say is what a machine:D what colour and spek did you go for?

luxtitan

Got the dark red version w suroof and all necessary equipment. :redface:
Took the Cupra version 180hp :funk:

75 minutes to go, can't wait it anymore
:cry:

guess you have the red one too, are U happy still

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.