Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Oil Advice and Recommendations

Discussion in 'Opie Oils' started by oilman, Mar 4, 2010.

1. denMla

denMla Full Member

Thank you Tim!
    Apreciate your answer and time!

2. dangerdave

dangerdave Leon Mk 3 Cupra 290

Hello. I have a 2016 Leon Cupra 290 which is about to be remapped stage 1 to about 350 bhp. Going to be used for fast road driving. No track days etc. I just ordered from you 5w30 Miller's Long life EE. Is this a good order or should I go for a higher spec? If so can you help to change the order? If this oil is ok though I'll keep the order the same.
    Cheers. David

3. oilman

oilman Forum Sponsor

Hi David

Is it still under warranty? If so, you basically have to stick with something like the Millers EE, so it's a good choice. If out of warranty, I would go for a quality 5w-40, like the the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT+, Motul Sport/300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition.

Cheers

Tim

4. dangerdave

dangerdave Leon Mk 3 Cupra 290

Thanks Tim I have 3 months warranty left. I reckon I'll keep the order of the EE then after I'll go for one of the others you mention. However I did send an email to the customer service address so I don't know if it's still possible to change. If so the CFS NT+ would do me as I could keep it till later. I'll pay extra of course. David

5. oilman

oilman Forum Sponsor

Hi David

I've spoken to the customer service guys and it seems that the oil has already been sent, so it's too late to change it.

Cheers

Tim

6. kanyewest

kanyewest Senior Member

i have a mk4 6L seat ibiza and just wondering what oil would be best for the 1.4 engine? i am thinking of doing a full oil change